VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How to get C&P Exam results

Rate this question

Tony Plante

Question

My claim was completed and I got 100% P&T for Leukemia. C&P results were not with award package but I need the results to pass on to my Doctor. Any ad vice on how to get the results in the Los Angeles area?  I know I can request them in writing but I'd like to save time and get them in person. Where can I get them?  LA Regional Office? LA VA Hospital? One of the Clinics? Thanks for any reply.

Tony

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Excellent question.  Perhaps someone "in the LA area" can answer better than I can, but I will say how it is here:

There are 2 types of C and P exams, those done by VA and those done by a contractor, such as QTC:

1.  Contractor:   Since the VA paid for your c and p exam, they "may" not want that released to you as this can be used to help you obtain benefits.  However, I simply suggest you request the same.   I think VA will release it, especially if you have already received your decision.  They dont seem to always want to release C and P exams quickly as that gives you time to get an IMO/IME, and VA does not want to increase your chances of an award, they want to deny as much as they can, regardles of what some ex VA employees on another site may tell you.  

2.  If VA did it, then just go to your VAMC's "release of information", sign a consent form, then you may be able to walk out the door with a copy.  My VAMC hands you up to about 40 pages of your medical records right away, but if you want all of your lengthy records, you have to wait until they are mailed to you.  

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I would recommend you call your VAMC's Release of Information office and start there. That's where I got mine. However, that was some time ago, prior to outsourcing of C&P exams.