VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Psy Exams Before Getting Out

Rate this question

John Galt

Question

I am still active duty.  Having a number of mental health issues due to my health (heart arrhythmia) and the results of an IG Investigation.  No charges but substantiated claims and my next rank that I was selected for was removed.  My record now has me as a FTS (fail to select - basically passed over) and I have put in to retire (27 Yrs, 1 mo).  I am seeing a military shrink and military therapist, each weekly and have been doing so for the past 6 weeks.  Lots of paper in my record and a variety of diagnosis - PTSD, MDD, but mainly anxiety disorder.  

Question: Should I ask to have more psychological testing completed and get that in my record.  I am think the MMPI-2 test (567 question so it is not little test).  I would think that would help establish more firmly the service connection nexus and give a stronger diagnosis.  It couldn't hurt right?

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

With 27 years in, are you seeking a medical discharge?

"I would think that would help establish more firmly the service connection nexus and give a stronger diagnosis."

PTSD and MDD are strong diagnoses. Personality disorder is the worse diagnosis of all but can sometimes be overcome.

Is the IG report is your nexus? Or is there another possible nexus?

This is an unusual situation but nothing is impossible.

Don't leave the Mil without a complete copy of your SMRS and Personnel record.