VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Weight loss, TKR

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

When I was 20, my mother used to complain that I was too skinny, and she was probably right.  Well, nobody tells me to gain weight anymore,  at 260 pounds!

I used to think fat people were lazy, or they could get skinny just by eating a little less.  Has anyone lost weight, and how did you do that?? 

I need a TKR (Total need replacement) and they want me to lose weight first.  That is catch 22, if my knees were better, then I feel like I could move more.  

The good news is that it seems men dont get fat, we get "big", and its all women who get fat.  I have known women who were obsessed with weight loss, that is all they want to talk about, and now I want to (more) than just talk about it.  

I would like to hear from fat people or skinny people, and maybe in between.  

3 answers to this question

I'm 6 foot and was 274. I just started a keto type diet almost 3 weeks ago and have lost 15 pounds so far. Main thing is cut the carbs. It has helped with my blood pressure so far. Hope this helps.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yeah I am overweight too, it's just hard to lose it once you gain it.

some folks can lose and it's fairly easy for them.

I can lose but I put it back on...bout the only thing that has worked for me is portion control and of course these means eating less  and its just hard to do.

I don't care what anyone says  weight loss and trying to stay healthy is one of the hardest things to do in life  and quitting smoking.

if you do start a weight loss program check with your Dr first..thees millions of programs out there to choose from.

I been thinking bout ''weight watcher''  where you go once a week and weigh in and learn more about eating right (tips) and get encouragement.