VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VAPR New correspondence procedure

Rate this question

Berta

Question

"VA Takes Significant Step in Improving Correspondence With Veterans

WASHINGTON — As part of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs’ (VA) ongoing improvement of managing taxpayer dollars, the Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) has deployed the Centralized Benefits Communications Management Program (CBCM) nationally. 

The program represents a new centralized printing and mailing process system designed to improve productivity and streamline correspondence with Veterans on compensation benefits and pension burial claims. 

“CBCM is one of many great examples of how VA continually explores ways to update outdated processes,” said Acting VA Secretary Robert Wilkie. “With this program, we took proven industry practices and adapted them to our needs.”

Prior to CBCM, which went into effect March 23, VBA’s 56 regional offices were responsible individually for their manual processing of outbound mail.

Under CBCM, claims processors across the country now submit letters electronically to one central location for printing and distribution — allowing specialized employees to focus more time and energy assessing Veteran claims.

In addition to improving productivity, CBCM also will help reduce maintenance requirements of hundreds of regional office printers, reduce the likelihood of returned mail through additional address verification and enhance the security and privacy of Veteran information through minimized handling of mail.

Over the past five years, VA has improved the way it processes compensation and pension claims enabling the development of CBCM. In the future, VA will enhance CBCM’s design to improve further VBA’s methods of communication with Veterans by allowing them to choose between paper or digital correspondence. For more information or questions about CBCM, email VAPublicAffairs@va.gov"

https://www.va.gov/opa/pressrel/pressrelease.cfm?id=4035

###

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

This reminds me of the time a VAMC clerk said I was supposed to have a C&P exam earlier that morning. I talked to the C&P clinic clerk and they claimed to have mailed a letter. When I got home, the letter was in the mail and postmarked the day before.

Hopefully this new plan will help reduce these type of problems.

I hope the new Secretary (if he  gets confirmed) will  learn of the problems vets have had in the claims process...problems the VA  creates themselves.....maybe it is a form of  VA  job security.

At least Shulkin had a handle on the VA and worked there in VHA before  he became the Secretary.

I have a letter prepared for  the new Sec  but I dont want to waste postage if he does not get confirmed.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
11 minutes ago, Berta said:

...problems the VA  creates themselves...

Love the way you described the problems. Very accurate!

The REAL  "Fix" involves:

1.  Having a manager that we can "actually speak, email, or call" that actually has authority to REALLY fix our problems.  No call center where the Peggy's just look stuff up on the computer and tell the Veteran anyting to get rid of him...someone who is held accountable for what they say.  

Example A.  The VA failed to read our evidence.  We call the manager, give him the page or date of the evidence refuting the "non read".  A new, corrected decision goes out in days, not years.  

Example B.  Somehow, the VA is missing critical evidence.  We fax it to them, or mail it to someone who has a clue.  Again, a corrected decision goes out in less than a decade that it takes now.  

Example C.  Remands, and implementation of Board decisions.  "Expiditious treatment" does not mean its complete in 3 years, only after writing to complain to management several times.  Someone should be responsible to ensure BVA implementations are timely processed, and "expiditious treatment means in 30 days or less".  

2.  If the VA can not complete the decision in 60 days, a boss goes around to find out why not.  The only valid excuse is if someone "other than VA" has not sent in key evidence.  (For example, if a private doc does not send his paperwork promptly)   

3.  VA execs get paid AFTER All Veterans are paid.  Repeat..Vets are paid first, VA execs last.  Watch those decision FLY off the shelves!!! 

• HadIt.com Elder

I hope it works out  it's a good plan anywayz.

I had thought for a long time this is one of the reasons they Initiated the  Two Veterans Intake Claims Center a few years ago  and not to long after it started up they closed the Georgia Claims intake center.

I always tell veterans that have first time claims in or in Appeals to make copies of there evidence and send it in both ways  e benefits and snail mail with return receipts. and keep all copies of everything and anything you send the VA. & what they send you   start you a VA Claims folder and keep them in a safe dry place.

Give them a double Dose!

• HadIt.com Elder

Ms berta

I can sympathize with Dr Shulkin, I don't think he even seen it coming or what hit him, I doubt he was fired for the trip he and his spouse made on VA$$

It had to be something else he and the President didn't see eye to eye on.