VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Life insurance approved what else??

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

How are Veterans allowed more than one 10k life insurance I know I still have to fight the premium bill of 16.30 monthly since I’m P and T? Unless that’s correct but other then barely footing a. Bill of the funeral how is it some get 3 10k polices?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

@jfrei- The answer to your question is .....self purchase.

Prudential is the same entity that issues the policy you are talking about for DV - but ........must be in conjunction with your SC disability.....activated within a timely manner of the award date ( not an increase - date as the website clearly states) - That may be why you are paying the premium.

$10,000 is plenty for a burial, in most cases. 

1. Some states have plot for free - check out VA.gov - I was approved for a space in a military area - not one of my choice, but space available. Send in DD214 to address get a confirmation back- FREE

2. Neptune society - cremation is free for Veterans with a DD214 - I utilized this for my Ex-husband and my father - they took care of everything - all I did was submit DD214/ sign death certificate. FREE

https://www.neptunesociety.com/veteran-cremation ($900 value) 

3. Social Security - contributes $255 toward a headstone. - FREE

https://www.ssa.gov/

I have written into my FREE Power of Attorney at the VA - instructions of my wishes to be cremated - buried at the state cemetery. - The  VA  provides the form and you get it notarized......(FREE at USAA Banks) DNR/Durable POA /Medical POA. 

A disabled VEt only gets "one" 10k policy paid for by the government.  Any more than that is paid by the Veteran.  Remember, too, that the cost of living varies widely around the country, as does the VEterans ability to manage his money.  

In Dayton Ohio, a 3 bedroom home with a 2 car garage sells for about 70,000, while in many parts of Country it can be up to 10 times that much.  

So a Veteran paying a house payment of 500 per month can likely afford more life insurance than the Vet paying 1500 per month for a house.  Thus many disabled Vets go to a place where cost of living is low.  

Edited by broncovet