VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

RAMP Pros and Cons

Rate this question

trxl00

Question

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Im opting into ramp because:

...I get another bite at the apple through either the "higher review" or "Supplemental Claim", if I have new evidence.  

... If either of these fail, (get denied), then I have priority status at the BVA over "non Ramp" (legacy) appeals.  

I can not see the downside of having "more people" review my claim (and possibly award) prior to my claim reaching the BVA.  What is the alternative??  Let it sit in proccessing waiting at the Board, like it is now??   ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN A FIVE YEAR WAIT FOR THE BOARD.  

• HadIt.com Elder

My opinion on RAMP if it works like its suppose to or what they say  yeah it maybe a good deal  but you know the VA ..Just have to see how RAMP works out.

...And the VA wonders "why" we are skeptical of new programs, when the VA has lied to us sooo many..times in the past.  

Just because VA has lied to us 84 times in a row in the past, now, we are supposed to believe them the 85th time.  I dont think so.  

I selected The higher level review with the informal conference (Telephone call with DRO) April 5. I checked Ebenefits yesterday and Status says Pending Decision Approval. I check online and what I understand is a decision has been recommended and is now waiting for a supervisor signature. However, I'm confused that a decision has been recommended and neither me or Attorney has Not spoken with the Dro. 

Btw I'm happy my claim is getting worked. Any ideas as to what's going on?

Unique 11128:  Please post your question again in a "new post."  You are new so I will answer just this once.  

When you ask your question in someone elses post, then it gets confusing.  

Now, for my answer, reiterating you will get more answers in a "new" post:

Ebenefits is unreliable and its hard for me to specualte on what that means.  Asking your attorney may be helpful, but he may not want to speculate on ebenefits any more than I do.  As frustrating as it is, you may just have to wait for the envelope.  

This said, try the "AB8" letter in ebenefits.   Even tho ebenefits is unreliable, the VA isnt in the habit of letting you print out "offical" letters that you are 100 percent P and T, if you are not.  And, an AB8 letter works to "prove" you have disabilitie(s) for many purposes, such as free fishing licenses etc, reduced property taxes, etc. (as applicable in your state).  

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 3:49 PM, Unique11128 said:

I selected The higher level review with the informal conference (Telephone call with DRO) April 5. I checked Ebenefits yesterday and Status says Pending Decision Approval. I check online and what I understand is a decision has been recommended and is now waiting for a supervisor signature. However, I'm confused that a decision has been recommended and neither me or Attorney has Not spoken with the Dro. 

Btw I'm happy my claim is getting worked. Any ideas as to what's going on?

Literally the same thing I'm going through now. Never got my informal conference opportunity with both myself and my lawyer. Pending Decision Approval between 11-5-18/11-22-18