VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How to deal with gross errors by VA?

Rate this question

miked23

Question

In 2011 I filed an appeal with the VA.  In 2012 I filed a NOD and a form 9.  I called the VA several times and was assured my case "Was working its way through the process".  Then around 2015 I called and was told: "Your case has already been closed, but there is no reason why."  The VA then reopened my case.  Finally, it recently showed it was "Pending dispatch", but for the WRONG claims!  For example, I filed for Ehlers-Danlos syndrome but they then showed Lupus.  I filed for high blood pressure, and they showed Sciatica.  I called again and was told those were errors because my form 9 showed Ehlers-Danlos not Lupus etc.  How can I deal with this?  As far as I can tell, it is currently being decided, but for the wrong claims!  This is really frustrating, its hard to believe how incompetent they seem.  What should I do at this point?  The last thing I want to do is start the 7 1/2 year process all over.

2 answers to this question

Go to www.va.gov's main web site, Click on the Contact Us question, then click on Ask a question..you will be directed to IRIS.

Fill  out the stuff and file this as an IRIS Complaint (the Complaint area is a pop down box.)

Tell them what you told us-I forget if IRIS takes attachments-if they do attach anything that supports your complaint.

Ask for an email reply so you have hard copy of what they state. It might take 2-3 weeks to here back.

If you dont like their response call the White House veterans Hot line  347 237 4819

This is the crap a good vso could look into- I guess you have no one on your POA?

Wait----I just read this again-

Best to call the WH hot line first ! - since it says "pending dispatch".

Edited by Berta

i had typed up my story about my lost appeal at the AMC after 5 months with a hardship flagged on my appeal but it’s ongoing. So story much like yours had me frustrated I called the 827 number they tell me that can’t tell me nothing once it’s been certified to the board, Bva we can’t tell you anything it’s remanded back to the RO.

Wrong the AMC is not the RO in Delaware. So I drove to the RO in De luckily I live ten minutes away how unfortunate for them I’m an xxxxxxx except to the guy behind the bulletproof glass he has pulled me outside calmed me down, given me advice, even introduced me to the officer in charge who realized they made an error two days later P and T.

Sorry I was just proving some VA employees aren’t all bad the point of the story after all that gibberish at one in the morning is he leans into the window says to me you called the WH hotline, the BVA, and the other phone numbers what you need is a congressional inquiry call your congressman he or she will find and get your appeal moving . You have to write them a letter or as in my case I found there email address using google explain your issues and I’m not sure your area but most respond back to veterans...

Edited by jfrei