VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim was deleted - Was C-File deleted?

Rate this question

hemipepsis5p

Question

Hello,

So a while back, the VA sat down to decide my claim, but the DAV rep who signed my claim was apparently no longer certified or something, so the VA erased my claim. As in, I checked E-Benefits and it was no longer there. Erased. Zero. So, I e-mailed my DAV rep (who barely even apologized) and he had me send him a new EZ claim submission form. So I did. So, my new claim is currently visible in E-Benefits, however under the "documents uploaded for this claim" tab, there is nothing there. Now, the VA is requesting documents from me about any private medical care I received. I already uploaded everything that I had. Should I try to get more, because if I don't, they'll deny me?

Also, I called the claims hotline twice, and each time was told that documents that I upload to E-Benefits for my claim are automatically entered into my C-File. How long does that take? Is it immediate? I just wanted to check here that that is the case, because I am getting ready to hit the "Request Claim Decision" button and if my C-File has been wiped and I get denied or have to wait another year, HAHAHA!

So, should I be good to go? It has only been 3 weeks since my claim was erased, and I don't have any new documentation.

Best regards,
Phil

Edited by hemipepsis5p
to add tags

2 answers to this question

I hope you took hadit members advice (such as mine) who recommend you send stuff to VA "certified mail return receipt requested" and keep copies of stuff you send them.  Then, you should have a good shot at getting an earlier effective date, without being hornswaggled out of your money based on VA's errors.  

Remember, and tatoo this on your arm if you need help remembering:  Everything a VAemployee or VSO tells you is not always the truth.  

You really dont know what evidence VA has/does not have.  If they can "erase" your claim, do you think they can also erase key evidence??  I think so!  

The only way you know for sure what evidence VA has is to request your cfile..and that takes time.  

If you press the issue, and try to force a decision, then sure, you would get a quick decision and 4 to 6 years later, after appeals, you might get your benefits.  

My suggestion is to let them tell you if more evidence is needed, dont assume they have everything and try to force a decision by pushing the "decide claim now" button.  (Not that this would do any good anyway, but it could do more harm than good, as I explained.)  

If VA has requested more evidence, then send it to them even if you "think" or some VSO or VA employee tells you it "will automatically be there".  

And when you get the 5103 waiver (this is the VCAA these days) make sure you list all the evidence they should have , by date of sending it-and if you feel it is enough for a proper decision ,tell them that too.