All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. That's interesting, I didn't know and thank you
  4. I was granted TDIU P&T last week. Today I received a no reply email from Ebenefits. It stated that they aware of my separating from the military and have received a DOD disability rating. Originally, the Army gave me the boot with a general discharge and busted down in rank. I had PTSD while in service and didn’t know it, but they knew something was off. During my original claim I’m 2014 the VSR found markers while still in the service that showed signs of PTSD. Does anyone know if it’s possible that I am now being granted a medical retirement due to the evidence the VA found? Has this happened to anyone?
  5. Bronc just won the Quote of the Day: " If you count on ebenefits/vet.gov as being inaccurate, and untrustworthy, you will rarely be disappointed."
  6. Other members will chime in and let you know how to better prepare yourself for the exam....evidence evidence evidence is best and that evidence comes from in service records as well as military medical records and private medical records. you being in therapy will help your claim. check your myhealthevet progress notes to see what the Therapist is saying about you and your treatment program. submit all favorable notes with your claim. via therapist and any of the MH Dr's
  7. Just be honest with the examiner if he ask you a question you don't know just simply say you don't know. They rate PTSD by symptoms and the severity of them. here is a mental health rating schedule depending on what your symptoms are? General Rating Formula for Mental Disorders Rating Total occupational and social impairment, due to such symptoms as: gross impairment in thought processes or communication; persistent delusions or hallucinations; grossly inappropriate behavior; persistent danger of hurting self or others; intermittent inability to perform activities of daily living (including maintenance of minimal personal hygiene); disorientation to time or place; memory loss for names of close relatives, own occupation, or own name.100& Occupational and social impairment, with deficiencies in most areas, such as work, school, family relations, judgment, thinking, or mood, due to such symptoms as: suicidal ideation; obsessional rituals which interfere with routine activities; speech intermittently illogical, obscure, or irrelevant; near-continuous panic or depression affecting the ability to function independently, appropriately and effectively; impaired impulse control (such as unprovoked irritability with periods of violence); spatial disorientation; neglect of personal appearance and hygiene; difficulty in adapting to stressful circumstances (including work or a worklike setting); inability to establish and maintain effective relationships.70% Occupational and social impairment with reduced reliability and productivity due to such symptoms as: flattened affect; circumstantial, circumlocutory, or stereotyped speech; panic attacks more than once a week; difficulty in understanding complex commands; impairment of short- and long-term memory (e.g., retention of only highly learned material, forgetting to complete tasks); impaired judgment; impaired abstract thinking; disturbances of motivation and mood; difficulty in establishing and maintaining effective work and social relationships.50% Occupational and social impairment with occasional decrease in work efficiency and intermittent periods of inability to perform occupational tasks (although generally functioning satisfactorily, with routine behavior, self-care, and conversation normal), due to such symptoms as: depressed mood, anxiety, suspiciousness, panic attacks (weekly or less often), chronic sleep impairment, mild memory loss (such as forgetting names, directions, recent events).30% Occupational and social impairment due to mild or transient symptoms which decrease work efficiency and ability to perform occupational tasks only during periods of significant stress, or symptoms controlled by continuous medication.10% A mental condition has been formally diagnosed, but symptoms are not severe enough either to interfere with occupational and social functioning or to require continuous medication.0%
  8. Great. This is supposed to be going on several years ago. I applied to have my student loans forgiven, and it took them about a year, and fighting back and forth. I had to answer many questions, probably as many if not more than when I got my compensation in the beginning. NOTE: I had to ask my doctor to fill out a form to discharge student loan debt. His answers to these questions were critical in getting my 100 percent. Its medical evidence. The docs didnt seem to mind giving me evidence to discharge student loan debt, but were reluctant to give me evidence to get 100 percent SC. Why? Well, they dont work for the department of education who pays the bill. They work for VA, and VA doesnt want doctors to give nexus and other favorable evidence. Believe me, I saved a copy of the doctors evidence reports. Amazingly, VA managed to lose that (favorable) evidence at least 3 times. Its a good thing I no longer trusted VA to keep evidence I sent them. If you trust VA to keep your evidence, you will likely be sorry. The VA is well known for managing to lose "just the evidence we need" to make our claim bullet proof. Do not trust VA to "manage your records". Take charge of it yourself.
  9. Do you have some preparation suggestions?
  10. If you count on ebenefits/vet.gov as being inaccurate, and untrustworthy, you will rarely be disappointed.
  11. Short answer: I dont know. However, in light of the fact many colleges offer both online and on campus classes, I doubt that, "being online" would matter that much. Its probably more about the college and whether or not it has VA approved cirruculum. You should both ask the VA chapter 35 people and, people at the college as well. My guess: Reason: If the college classes were on the VA's "approved" list, surely the advisors to the college would want to know this, and would tell prospective students this. Its like my cell phones. I ask them, "Do these cell phones work with hearing aids?" If they dont know, the answer is usually, "NO". If they did work with hearing aids, they would tell the sales people so, so they could sell the phones to hearing impaired. Bottom line: Call Champva, or call your school advisor. They should know. Source: I have gone to college with the GI bill AND have had my son use Chapter 35. My opinion is the Chapter 35 is about as messed up as the rest of VA. Same old same old lies, deceptions, errors, glitches, delayed payments, excuses, etc.
  12. update with glaucoma... the eye drops latranopost and timonol (drops) both did not help (as much as they wanted).... they are going to prescribe me a more aggressive type of eye drop for the disease... they said it still is in the early stages.... not sure if I can see a difference, as the same eye has cataracts also. To me it looks like is has a more narrow field of view. The tests also show what I feel. Since I am already very sick from other issues, it is another big problem on top of all other issues I health issues I have....
  13. @Heatherta4 -- I have this same status now. Did you ever get resolution to your claim that would give you insight to the meaning of this message?
  14. Right Thats good you have a diagnose for PTSD from the VA you will need it at your Forensic PTSD C&P Exam.. and you getting treatment from the VA is all good However the examiner will need to nuxus this to your military ..if your a combat veteran they will consead your stressors by reading your DD 214 AND COMBAT MEDALS LIKE CIB COMBAT PAY ect,,ect,,and location and dates that the event took [place this should be on your DD 214. The PTSD FORENSIC EXAM IS NOT EASY! SO PREPARE YOURSELF.
  15. Hello...my wife using Ch35 benefits, full time and taking all classes online....can she get the full time pay/stipend amount if all classes are taken online??
  16. https://www.chicagotribune.com/business/sns-bc-us--trump-20190821-story.html
  17. Well, Appeal was finally Certified 8 Jul 2019. Since then, va.gov says my Appeal is with the Judge. Also filed new claims for Hearing Loss, Tinnitus and Asbestos Exposure. The Appeal is kind of parked right now due to my request for my C-File. While processing, the BVA called my Lawyer about a similar request in 2014. My Lawyer made the request but Phil VARO failed to honor that request. So, the Board is taking care of those requests. This buys me some time in order to get fresh chest x-rays and see private lung doctor. As I was going through my stuff, I'd came across something that would help my Appeal for SC Collapsed Lungs. Then I looked at a 2013 chest x-ray report and saw "mild apical pleural thickening" and "Abnormality - Attn Needed". Looks like the VA doc in 2013 goofed. Pleural Thickening may be Asbestos. On my ship in the yards, they had me grinding up floor tiles. My research says those tiles were Asbestos. If I can get the Judge to SC the collapsed lungs, that would be a huge victory. In the meantime, I'll be getting hearing aids that are programmed to help with Tinnitus. Seems that I had spent too much time above the Flag Bridge, behind the cats with only sound powered phones. I have been over at VBN...there are some peeps there who actually worked for VA. Any helpful information from here or there and other places can only help. I hope everyone here is doing well.
  18. This c&p for hearing is at the va here in Kansas City. As for PTSD diagnosis. I have already been diagnosed and am being treated at the va for PTSD.
  19. President Trump has signed a new order today to discharge ( forgive) debts of all permanently disabled veterans .. The news wasn't real specific, but I think this refers to all education loans....
  20. The C&P Examiner will have you take a hearing test and word test and then read the hearing chart to see how much hearing loss you have in each ear and read your medical records and render his medical opinion. As for as tinnitus you will need to tell the audiologist that conducts the hearing test you have a ringing/huming /cricket sounds in your head that are of constant sounds and drives you batty at bed time ect,,ect,, you need to tell them about this they probably won't ask this is known as tinnitus there is no test for it. Is this C&P conducted by the VA or is it contracted out? You need 3 elements when filing a compensation claim. 1.An injury, illness, or event acquired while you were serving in the military. 2.A current diagnosis or disability, or recurring or persistent symptoms of a disability. 3.Competent and credible evidence that shows the injury is related to the current diagnosis. For your PTSD you will get another forensic C&P exam and the examiner will read your medical records from your Dr's *Remember you must have a Diagnose for PTSD from the VA Make sure the examiner is qualified to render a mental Health Opinion. Preferably a licenses psychiatrist.
  21. Hello, I applied for disability on Aug 8th. Yesterday, 20th I got a call to schedule my c&p for hearing loss. I assumed they would schedule everything at once. Is that normal? Here is what I claimed if that helps.
  22. Great info. I dont get adaptive housing, I never applied.
  23. It should not matter. We are compensated for continuity of "symptoms", not continuity of treatment, which can vary over time. Doctors often try a variety of treatments. This does not mean your symptoms have "actually improved under ordinary conditions of life". While I understand that "fear sells", I also know we dont have to buy what they are selling. In other words if "fear of reduction" prevents us from applying for additional benefits, and you buy that line, and dont apply, well, you bought the fear. Before I "buy fear", I try to make sure the fear is REAL. F alse E xpectations A ppearing R eal. Now, there are real fears, dont get me wrong. However, worry never robs tommorrow of its sorrow, only today of its happiness. Its my humble opinion that "fear" of reduction based on a change in doctors treatments is groundless. Once you "turn on the light" the "reduction fear" boogeyman goes away. Here is the "light" as to why you should not fear the reduction boogeyman, UNLESS you meet this strict criteria for reductions:
  24. Champva used to be fast, I agree they have gotten worse and slower. They would have to get a lot worse, however, to get as bad as compensation. Have you called them and asked what is the hangup??
  25. Well, I have no idea if your shin splints are "chronic" or acute. If they are acute, they often resolve themselves, or respond to treatment. The Va does not compensate us for "acute" pain, only chronic conditions. Example, if we sprain our ankle, and it hurts a few weeks or even months, then gets better with no complications, then its pretty much non compensable. If you have chronic shin splints, that reoccur or last for years, then are likely compensable, to the extent they limit ROM or with pain. More on shin splints here: https://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/shin-splints#1 Even a fracture, that heals up with no problems later is not likely to be compensable. I fractured my leg in service, they put on a cast, and it healed. Now, I have arthritis in that joint, and, as yet, its still NSC. I applied for benefits for it years ago, they decided "not to adjuticate it" with a decision but instead listed it as NSC on one of my rating sheets. I guess they knew if they denied it, I would appeal. So they just never adjutciated it, a violation of 38 cfr 3.103. I will probably know by the end of this year if it will make a difference or not, frankly Im unwilling to put up with the VA's BS for 0 compensation. It shouldnt make a difference in the effective date, I have already demonstrated I applied. Maybe I will blow their mind applying for an "increase". They wont know what to do since its not sc, how can they increase it?? It makes me feel like Curly of the 3 stooges: "Nyert, nyert, nyert".
  26. I've taken tramadol for about 6 yrs. Same issue. Each renewal is a pain and I'm subject to regular urinalysis. Now I have to go and get finger wagged at and sign a pain contact because some other doctor filling in got my last them request and shorted my prescription to one weeks with until I do. I'm a little pissed and am investigating CBD.
  27. I have been TDIU for over 10 years now and have been on hydrocodone for more than 15 years. The VA has been making it very hard to renew my hydrocodone prescription. I ve been considering dropping the hydrocodone and use some form medical cannabis. The Federal government views this as illegal and the VA has to abide. If I am given a urinalysis by the VA and it detects cannabis then there is the potential for legal problems for me. This is an absurd Catch 22 for many Vets. Another issue, is if I stop using hydrocodone and no pain medication shows up in my medical records will the VA see that as a basis for a possible reduction in disability compensation. This is Catch 22 number 2. I do not worry about this very much because I am very much unemployable and my service connected disabilities have far worsened since getting TDIU but other vets may want to be aware of how the VA views the use of pain meds. "No pain meds on records then there is no pain" Any Ideas or comments
  1. Load more activity
  • Advertisemnt

• search-002.png
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Latest News

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines