• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

• ad-free-forum-subscription-320.pngfinancial-gift-001.png

Subscriptions and Gifts are NOT Tax Deductible. HadIt.com is NOT a Non Profit.

• Ads

• Common Disabilities claimed as service connected disability. These links will take you to relevant articles and posts on the subject. Tinnitus | PTS(D) | Lumbosacral Cervical Strain | Scars | Limitation of flexion, knee | Diabetes | Paralysis of Siatic Nerve | Limitation of motion, ankle | Degenerative Arthritis Spine | TBI - Traumatic Brain Injury

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. If PTSD rating comes back at 10% I will submit a higher level review appeal.
  3. I understand your reasoning but I don't want to give up 33% of the lump sum. That could be over $100 grand. I know my shaky cognitive abilities has me asking many questions. But I'm good at this stuff, I have won a settlement previously without a lawyer. Could I hire an attorney or legal expert who could assist while I still handle the tasks?
  4. Thanks Doc25! Already have OSA w/ CPAP in record since 2012 I did submit a PTSD DBQ from my private psychologist. It was rated at 70% My DoD psychiatrist initial PTSD exam scored my PCL-5 at 65 Will the above submitted evidence help?
  5. Right now I weigh 190 at 5'10" and they say that I should weigh 175 pounds. I don't know why I don't weigh a lot more. I am still working but at a desk. I have ankle, knees, hip and back issues that makes it hard to even walk sometimes. It is depressing that I can not be more active.
  6. ED is rated 0%, but you'll be eligible for Special Monthly Compensation due to loss of use of a creative organ. It's an extra $100.You'll need to be diagnosed with ED before claiming it. Hopefully, you receive an increase for MDD. As far as, seizures go. You'll have to weigh the benefits and risks of the medication you're on. That'll have to be discussed and determined with your mental health dr. I doubt the seizures are a benefit to you your current medication.
  7. Looks like a 10% rating based on the occupational and social impairment the examiner marked, but there's good news; you have two options. #1. Appeal, obviously. Your other criteria and symptoms lean more towards a 30% rating. #2. Continue going to therapy through the VA or a private psychologist/counselor and build up evidence at least a year; for any worsening symptoms. What you have to consider is that going from active duty to the civilian world is a difficult transition after leaving service. Even if you were in the civilian world prior to entering the military. There will be challenges. I received a 10% rating for PTSD after I left service. I thought that was all I was going to get. I was never told my symptoms could worsen.It wasn't until 8 yrs later that another veteran told me about requesting an increase. I was like,"No way they'll give me an increase." I submitted a request for an increase and I was awarded 70%. Fortunately, I already had two years of regularly attending therapy and on medications to substantiate the increase. Before you get out, see if you can get set up for a sleep study, ASAP. The examiner did mark CHRONIC SLEEP IMPAIRMENT. It wouldn't hurt to try to get a sleep study done. If you are diagnosed with Sleep Apnea in-service and require a "medically necessary/required" CPAP machine that's rated 50%. Even if you are not diagnosed with Sleep Apnea in-service, you can still Secondary Service-Connect Sleep Apnea to PTSD; if you get diagnosed with Sleep Apnea after-service. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Keep in mind that most, not all service-connected disabilities can cause a secondary disability that will be considered service-connected.
  8. Thanks Vetquest. I agree with your assessment. Broncovet: i did mention SC in my post. Specifically “SC diagnosed and treated by Psychiatrist while active duty “ -thanks to all
  9. I read the report and then the doctor's analysis and think what is going on? The clutch is that he reported you as a ten percent veteran when his report looks to be a thirty percent rating. I would expect you to see ten percent and then you will have to fight for a higher rating as Broncovet stated he did.
  10. I agree with Broncovet to get a lawyer. And if you do get a good one, not a local guy that has never performed at the BVA before. There is a association that lawyers arguing cases before the BVA should belong to. Someone else will chime in with the name, sorry I do not remember, I forget names.
  11. You got a shot, but if you want to make sure you get a bulls eye, then I suggest you hire an attorney. Reason: GS7's or even GS9's dont have the authority to sign a document where you get 100k plus in retro. That will need to be done by a judge..either BVA or CAVC. Have the attorney review your file. You "may" be able to pry this open via 38 cfr 3.156 c, new and material evidence, but I still think most of the Vets who have gotten six figure retros had an attorney.
  12. Maybe. If you have a "single" 100 percent disability, plus additional disabilities that combine to 60 percent or more, which are seperate and distinct, then you should get SMC S, Housebound, which is about another 350 per month. Or, if you need Aid and Attendance or have loss of use of body parts, you should be entitled to SMC.
  13. Very well, you did not mention that. Generally our answers cant be more precise than your questions. As far as disability percentages, now that you are apparently SC, you can check the criteria and see which matches up the best. Rating Total occupational and social impairment, due to such symptoms as: gross impairment in thought processes or communication; persistent delusions or hallucinations; grossly inappropriate behavior; persistent danger of hurting self or others; intermittent inability to perform activities of daily living (including maintenance of minimal personal hygiene); disorientation to time or place; memory loss for names of close relatives, own occupation, or own name. 100 Occupational and social impairment, with deficiencies in most areas, such as work, school, family relations, judgment, thinking, or mood, due to such symptoms as: suicidal ideation; obsessional rituals which interfere with routine activities; speech intermittently illogical, obscure, or irrelevant; near-continuous panic or depression affecting the ability to function independently, appropriately and effectively; impaired impulse control (such as unprovoked irritability with periods of violence); spatial disorientation; neglect of personal appearance and hygiene; difficulty in adapting to stressful circumstances (including work or a worklike setting); inability to establish and maintain effective relationships. 70 Occupational and social impairment with reduced reliability and productivity due to such symptoms as: flattened affect; circumstantial, circumlocutory, or stereotyped speech; panic attacks more than once a week; difficulty in understanding complex commands; impairment of short- and long-term memory (e.g., retention of only highly learned material, forgetting to complete tasks); impaired judgment; impaired abstract thinking; disturbances of motivation and mood; difficulty in establishing and maintaining effective work and social relationships. 50 Occupational and social impairment with occasional decrease in work efficiency and intermittent periods of inability to perform occupational tasks (although generally functioning satisfactorily, with routine behavior, self-care, and conversation normal), due to such symptoms as: depressed mood, anxiety, suspiciousness, panic attacks (weekly or less often), chronic sleep impairment, mild memory loss (such as forgetting names, directions, recent events). 30 Occupational and social impairment due to mild or transient symptoms which decrease work efficiency and ability to perform occupational tasks only during periods of significant stress, or symptoms controlled by continuous medication. 10 A mental condition has been formally diagnosed, but symptoms are not severe enough either to interfere with occupational and social functioning or to require continuous medication. 0 Knowing how Va loves to lowball, and the fact I was unable to work and rated 30 percent, I would say 10 percent or even 0 percent is more likely. Later, my rating was increased to 100 percent, but only after about a 5 year fight.
  14. Yesterday
  15. The members that gave you address to send your C-File request to,,,eh! Also request from Dept of Veterans Affairs claims intake center Janesville Wi and your R.O. & yes you will need to send in a FOIA Request check this link out and remember to email MaryAnn. FOR YOUR FREE cd C-file Copy...if you end up with more than one cd of your C-FILEso what keep it you probably will just be sent one CD C-File anyway...so why not give then a double whammy. https://www.hadit.com/requesting-your-va-c-file/
  16. Also no matter how many pages your C-file may have they copy it to CD now and you get one CD free that will have your complete C-File not counting all the records the VA has lost.
  17. I was sent for this testing by my neuro because I began having seizures which we thought were neurological and after the testing, which I had a seizure during the testing (they also make you hyperventilate like you kinda would during a panic attack) and I was diagnosed with dissacociative seizures which are psychiatric, I had no idea such I thing existed!! They are related to my severe PTSD, anxiety, depression which are service connected. This testing was very important in diagnosing what was going on with me, I do have brain issues as well so it was key in diagnosing.
  18. Request it at least 2 times from the two addresses from the above members, that way you get a double whammy so-to-speak... Also Email this lady let her know you sent in a request for your C-file and heard that she can help you get it somewhat faster. MaryAnn.Wentzel1@va.gov
  19. Thank you for the language. So, my VARO will tell me who to address it to?
  20. Wandere I went to my local VARO and put in for a copy for my C-File and I requested it just like this. I John Doe hereby request a copy of all documents contained in Mr. Doe claims folder, including, but not limited to, all documents in the right flap, left flap, and center flap, and the reverse side of any documents with writing on both sides. To my surprise it took 2 months to get and requesting my C-File like this I found 9,000 more documents that I have never seen.
  21. Information: I am 100% T and P and I want information on serving in the MP Corp over in Thailand during the Vietnam Nam war when they were spraying Agent Orange and I believe that I am having some of the diseases that was caused by the spraying. Is it worth filling out a claim if I am 100% TP already. Any information would be helpful. Thanks retired USA ISg
  22. I think I'm about ready to work on my 23 year back pay. They tell me they have everything for a decision for my sleep apnea/TDIU claim except for my SSDI medical evidence. I'll do that tomorrow. They told me it'll be 2-6 weeks. As I submit for my C file, I'm wondering if there's an advantage of submitting a CUE saying the C&P examiner reported that my bipolar started during active duty and I submitted a bipolar claim 23 years ago (which awarded me a 70% rating), please pay me my back pay. I mean, if there's a 5% chance it will work it is worth it, isn't it? Am I missing something?
  23. Rather simple form. Who do I send it to? Do I need a name? Also, for Information Requested, I just say C file?
  24. Oh my. Interesting response. I am still on active duty filing via BDD. Diagnosed with PTSD while on active duty was told b/c diagnosed while on active duty it is SC. No?
  25. If you go fishing, there is a specific order things must happen: 1. You have to put on your fishing gear and load it up in the car. 2. You have to drive to the fishing spot, and walk down to the water. 3. You have to tie on a hook, lure or sinker, and bait it. 4. You have to cast it in and wait for a bite. 5. You have to successfully hook the fish, reel it in and clean it. 6. You have to keep the fish cool, then cook them. 7. NOW you can eat your fish. You skipped to step 5 or 6. You missed the biggest one: Did your doc opine that your PTSD (or depression) was at least as likely as not due to military service? Also, do you have a current diagnosis and an in service event? You need to get service connected before you get a rating. I did not see a nexus, as I described. Of course, you may already be at the pond (already sc), so I dont know.
  26. Sorry to say but McCain is a poor example since he was rated 100% not TDIU. I am rated 100% for my lungs, based on this alone I could work again if I wanted too... but In my case I was awarded TDIu for a back condition prior to receiving my 100% rating, it was the TDIU award that kept me from working ( I was forced in early civil service retirement).... So again anyone with a 100% rating can work, any one with TDIU generally cannot work.
  1. Load more activity
  • Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

• Our picks

• Mere Speculation  Comp and Pen
      Hello Fellow Veteran 20 year retired disabled Navy veteran, quick ?? I am going for unemployability through the VA just had my comp and Pen, I do check off all the DBQ according to the therapist , but at the end of it she said in her opinion it would be mere speculation on rather I should get unemployability or not. What’s that mean thanks 
      • 9 replies
    • Man using HadIt name to collect funds -  Go FundMe shuts down campaign following Raleigh man's arrest for fraud
      I was interviewed for  this story. This gentlemen was using the HadIt name to collect funds for some non existent charity. "HadIt.com" is NOT a non-profit. "HadIt.com" will never have anyone collecting outside of Walmarts. If "HadIt.com" does not list a fundraiser on our site it is not affiliated with us. Please read the story and pass on that this person is NOT affiliated with "HadIt.com"

Note: The text at the top of the video lists me as a nonprofit founder. HadIt.com is a for profit, it is not a non profit and this man is not associated with our site and none of the money he collected had anything to do with our site.

Go FundMe shuts down campaign following Raleigh man's arrest for fraud 
      https://www.cbs17.com/news/local-news/wake-county-news/gofundme-shuts-down-campaign-following-raleigh-man-s-arrest-for-fraud/1866907862?fbclid=IwAR3Z6cTDSvv2yr9f1hKanLjOBeHjLyeJPtOnVQX0vTGmpF0d_eXiGsPaJug
      • 5 replies
    • Additional 100% Disabled Veteran Benefits
      https://www.hadit.com/100-percent-total-and-permanent-service-connected-disability-additional-benefits/

If you reach 100% P and T there are more benefits available to you. This is by no means an extensive list and we recommend calling the Veterans Affairs at 1-800-827-1000 with any questions about the following benefits.

Check your state benefits here

Dental treatment for 100% disabled veteran benefits.

Educational Assistance for Dependents: (under chapter 35) Must be rated a 100% disabled veteran by the VA.

Civilian health and medical program for dependents/survivors (CHAMPVA). Must be rated a 100% disabled veteran by the VA.

Specially Adapted Homes

Veterans Mortgage Life Insurance: Decreasing term mortgage insurance up to $90,000 for veterans who have received a Specially Adaptive Housing grant and have an existing mortgage.

Waiver of cost of Service Disabled life Insurance: and additional $20,000 of life insurance at cost to veteran. Veteran must have applied for insurance within two years of initial disability rating or within two years of a new disability rating. An increase in a disability rating does not qualify as a new disability.

Commissary and Exchange privileges for veteran and dependents: The veteran must request a letter from the VA specifying veteran is in receipt of 100% disability, and then applies for a military ID card at the nearest ID card issuing facility.

Emergency treatment in non-VA facilities: if VA facilities are not available.

Annual Eye exams and prescribed eye wear

Continue Reading
      • 0 replies
    • Type 1 Diabetes recent onset!
      I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes in September 2017 OUT OF NOWHERE.

i am a Navy Reservist and deployed in later 2009 to mid 2010 and again later 2014 to mid 2015; had a 2 year recall between those deployments.  

Only healthcare received since commissioning in 2008 was from the Navy and no issues EVER.

insulin dependent and have dietary restrictions and in a non deployable status.

VA denied initial claim due to Type 1 not showing on active duty and now appealing.

Anyone with successful experience getting a rating with my circumstances?  I live in Upstate New York.
      • 9 replies
    • Agent Orange Kadena Afb Okinawa
      I am looking for anyone who was on Kadena AFB, Okinawa or .Chanute AFB, IL. My dad was there from Oct. 68-April 70. He has ichemic heart disease, diabetes which has resulted in the amputation of his right leg below the knee and peripheral neuropathy. We were denied in 2002 AMVETS filed a claim on his behalf for heart condition, diabetes and back problems. I refiled in December 2011 and have just received the claim statements and medical release forms. I am familiar with filling out this paper work because my husband is a combat veteran of Iraqi Freedom. I have been reading articles from the Japan times and I am a member of the Agent Orange Okinawa facebook page. Another thing that helps make my dad's case is that he was on Chanute AFB, IL and it is on the EPA Superfund list and has PCBs/Pesticides and Dioxins/Furans listed as ground and water contaminants. I welcome any advice, tips or articles that I may have missed in my own research.
      • 15 replies
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Latest News

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines