VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Turning 65..will I Lose Va Benefits?

Rate this question

LizR

Question

Can someone please tell me simply what is being said about being unemployable and receiving 100% benefits...Am I going to be losing any VA Comp payments when I turn 65 even if I am Permanent and Total? I am 80% receiving unemployability benefits at the 100% rate since 1998. I am also receiving Social Security Disability. Thanks for answering my question.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I am beginning to believe that this is just another rumor ginned up at Military.com to scare disabled Vets. Sorry to be so blunt but no one even including the present Administration would have the audacity to proceed on this knot headed mission.

Hi Pete...Liz here...

I would have time to adjust to the change and lower my living standards which are just average at best before I turn 65. I would have to sell my home for sure and just exist. I just can not imagine how vets with a family can just change without stress ...losing so much money. I am alone.. but vets with family members...I can not imagine..

Well, remember though that lots of vets have TDIU + a company or retired military pension + SS disability...so they are doing much better than those of us with only TDIU.

-- John D.

Hi Pete...Liz here...

I would have time to adjust to the change and lower my living standards which are just average at best before I turn 65. I would have to sell my home for sure and just exist. I just can not imagine how vets with a family can just change without stress ...losing so much money. I am alone.. but vets with family members...I can not imagine..

Well, remember though that lots of vets have TDIU + a company or retired military pension + SS disability...so they are doing much better than those of us with only TDIU.

-- John D.

I am sure everyone gets what they deserve (except fighting for it, I mean if your persistent enough), anyone who gets TDIU should be able to get SSDI.

As far as a pension military or otherwise they earned it.

Guest Dataman

No! U won't lose SSA Disbility when your turn 65, and yes you will lose Disability and get SSA Retirement when you become elig for SSA Retirement (Same Amount, except they call it something diff)

There is Talk of giving Combat Disabled Chapter 60 (Under 20) Retiree's more money. And when they turn 65 that extra money converts to SSA. What that means? No one knows because no Bill or Admin to NADA has appeared.

• HadIt.com Elder

I see a brighter day coming for vets, but I would hope that every vet writes their congressman and keeps up the pressure. My hometown newspaper the St. Pete Times just had another article on how the VA has let down incompetent vets by not checking out professional guardians who live off the most vulnerable people in our society. Guardianship is a business and some very sleezy people are involved and I can testify to that. I would fight like the devil to not let the VA decide I was incompentent to handle my money. I think about two thirds of the public feel vets are getting a raw deal from the VA.