VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Strange Phone Conversation With Amc Today

Rate this question

hurryupnwait

Question

What does it mean when the telephone answer person says "we no longer have a claim pending for you, it has been closed. I need a call back number from you so that a supervisor can call you back."

I gave him my phone number.

Is this good or bad news?

Has anyone ever received a call back from an AMC supervisor? In other words, should I be waiting by the phone for this supervisor to call.

Edited by hurryupnwait

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

That's a strange reply. They can not simply close a claim they must make some kind of decision if it is an active claim. Keep us updated on the call from the supervisor, if such a call happens.

• In Memoriam

AMC, has the authority and can make instant grants. Usually claims go back to the VARO from the AMC. Then the VARO sends the claimant to C&P. To find out more about the AMC (Appeals Management Center), research AMC on hadit. I know I have posted their responsibilities before here in the past.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hurryupnwait,

Yes, I have had a supervisor return my call, but not always. Here are their names.

Ms. Dunlap

Ms. Byrd

The AMC has written instructions by me to make the decision on my claim and not to sent it back to that stupid R. O.

The R. O that I had doesn't have enough sense to work a claim anyway.

If you give me the name of the party on the telephone that gave you your information, I will be able to tell you if they know what they are talking about.

If it was James or Lidel Gingel. They are telling you just what they see on the computer screen and do not add their own synopsis of what they think will happen.

I would call back and speak to Dean at the National Level of the American Legion and have him check this for you.

He is in the AMC and it is just a small task for him.

Always,

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

Hurryupnwait,

Yes, I have had a supervisor return my call, but not always. Here are their names.

Ms. Dunlap

Ms. Byrd

The AMC has written instructions by me to make the decision on my claim and not to sent it back to that stupid R. O.

The R. O that I had doesn't have enough sense to work a claim anyway.

If you give me the name of the party on the telephone that gave you your information, I will be able to tell you if they know what they are talking about.

If it was James or Lidel Gingel. They are telling you just what they see on the computer screen and do not add their own synopsis of what they think will happen.

I would call back and speak to Dean at the National Level of the American Legion and have him check this for you.

He is in the AMC and it is just a small task for him.

Always,

Josephine

Hi Josephine

The telephone reply person this morning was named Ernest, I have never spoke to him befre in my numerous calls to the AMC. He seemed confused and requested a supervisor to call me back.

I did call Dean at the American Legion within the AMC building, but I got the answer machine again, so I left him a detailed message. Last week, he told me that it is very possible that a decision would be made this week.

Maybe no file is pending because a decision was made.

Paul

• HadIt.com Elder

Paul,

I will have to be honest with you. Ernest is not the best one to speak with.

Being that I have a claim " Sensitive 6" he can not open my claim for me and this does tell me that he is new to the group.

I would definitely call back and call back until I got an answer.

If you should get Ernest, hang up and wait about 5 minutes and tell him that you want to speak to his supervisor Ms. Dunlap.

If you had told me that it was James, Ms. Plummer, or Lidel, I would believe what they said.

It is the part about the " closed".

My take is even if they had made a decision and they may have considering the time that you have been there, it wouldn't close, for even with a grant, you may not be satisified with it.

Keep after them. I know that they would love to choke me, but can't locate me.

Always,

Josephine

What stretch said makes sense. If they have authority to provide instant approvals then I assume that the case, on the AMC computer would indicate closed. However, it should also provide some type of notes to go along with that such as returned to RO for processing etc......