VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Know This Is Odd

Rate this question

yoggie2

Question

I received a brown envelope today of my decision, My last C&P of 2 was finished on Jan 12,2008. I called the VA yesterday and was told it just went to the rater on the 6th of Feb. I have not opened it up due to fear of looking at it and wondering how through can you be looking at a file that fast. Is it common to make a decision this fast after 2 year of waiting on my C&P's?? Just less than 2wk of receiving my file they have rendered a decision?.... Signed having panic attacks...............Rich

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Guest jangrin

Yes, open the envelope. It is possible the decision is made. It is my understanding that at certain VARO's once the C&P are done and all the VCAA is accounted for the rating and decision is very quick. Doesn't mean it's the right decision but a decision it probably is.

Good Luck,

Open the envelope....Jangrin

Edited by jangrin

We are under the gun to crank out claims... To get the numbers off the count... This has been a BIG push since the first part of January and should be ending by the first part of March if I am not mistaken.

This, however, does not mean that they are cranking out denials. The Rating Board has their own set of numbers to meet in certain areas, and Appeals has their own numbers to meet (not having to do with claim decisions at all).

All RO's do not have this same "opportunity". It's not the same as the push that happens around Sept/Oct of each year, but it is related.

Also the VA itself just last week in sub committee testimony has said the CPI model is NOT working-

The GAO said it has become a 'high risk' program-

faster "prestabilization " ratings are becoming a reality-

good in one sense but then ratings subject to change-

variations in claims process within all 57 Ros, and they should be more compatible, the rotation practice should be eliminated- (rotation of RO employees as to MOS) and etc etc-

there are many lawyers and vet advocate orgs as well as the top guns of all vet orgs who are pounding away at getting much of the status quo finally changed-

There are many conscientious and wonderful people who work for VA- some of my best friends do-

but this whole claims process has become a run a way train-

Rich I know that feeling too-

have a vet friend who helf onto his envelope for over a week and fially asked me to open it up and read it to him-

100% ! P & T.! (after many many years)

The CPI is fading fast... But don't look for it to disappear until maybe the first quarter of next year, if we are lucky.

"the rotation practice should be eliminated- (rotation of RO employees as to MOS) and etc etc-"

Sorry, Berta... I am not following this comment???

We are under the gun to crank out claims... To get the numbers off the count... This has been a BIG push since the first part of January and should be ending by the first part of March if I am not mistaken.

This, however, does not mean that they are cranking out denials. The Rating Board has their own set of numbers to meet in certain areas, and Appeals has their own numbers to meet (not having to do with claim decisions at all).

All RO's do not have this same "opportunity". It's not the same as the push that happens around Sept/Oct of each year, but it is related.

No offense but I could have waited at least 2 weeks b4 it got too and left the rater. I see what you mean by cracking them out , I just wish you'd told me where they where going to put the crank before they broke it off..................Rich