VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Save Those "date Stamped Evidence"

Rate this question

yoggie2

Question

Found out some things and I know I'm not the only one here these things happen too. I'd have to say pete53's motto or quote is right if you don't have a copy of your c-file you might be spinning your wheels. I just received mine 3 weeks ago and really I can't make much of it but after reading and going through it many times after receiving a denial back in Feb08 I wish I could say I was shocked to find many things and this was a denial that was 2 and a half years in the making so I had a ton of evidence by the time my turn rolled around. Besides screwing Veterans for bonuses my file was just shot off as a denial, maybe because of the pressure to complete back log claims maybe just plain laziness or just to deny a good claim. Very little was done if any at all. I wish I could say don't let this happen to you but on your second time through the date stamp will tell the tell and is king and I have more ammo to fight my claim more easily and effortlessly than ever. But without the help of the people here I could have been effortlessly screwed. Thanks for putting me in the right direction and on track.

Edited by yoggie2

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

yes obtaining "date stamped copies" and keeping them for when you need them to prove that they "ignored" or "lost" evidence you have already submitted previously can be the only way you can "prove" entitlement to an earlier effective date, I have seen to many cases where the veteran usually wins the case eventually on appeal but due to "lost copies" the VARO gets away with 2-5 years of paying back pay

3 of the most important things needed to fighting the VARO peristence, patience, and copies of everything including your C file, my lawyer was ecstatic to find I had copies of "everything" and that there copy of a supposed "agreement" that I supposedly submitted does not match any other piece of evidence in the C File on your copy of papers you submit the date stamp is always on the front page of the document, the agreement they are claiming I signed is not my signature and the date stamp is on a seperate piece of paper, and does not match or even make reasonable with all of the evidence available that I would agree to drop my claims for cardiac related SC since it goes back to Nov 2002 and not the Dec 2003 claim where they approved my PTSD and ignored my cardiac problems again. My file is a mess with their games, but the lawyer can see where they started playing games due to copies I keep of stuff

• HadIt.com Elder

I have come to expect that I will get denied on the first go round. When the raters don't even bother to read the claim is when it gets bad. Then the DRO may just cut and paste his denial without reading it just to move it along. These people don't give a damn. You have to fight for every little thing. That is part of the game to wear you down, and get you to go away. When you get close to TDIU or 100% they really start to play games, especially if you are young. They know that if they approve such a claim for a young person the VA will be paying for decades.

Its funny how I've become educated over the last year. First I was a reader and then a member here on hadit.com and thought there was no way this stuff was going to happen to me (the madness that was going on at the time), if you'd forgive the lack of the choice of words "I thought it was a pitty party and maybe the VA system was so eat up with fraud this was why my claim was taking so long", Then I got my reality check in the form of a BIG FAT DENIAL on 12Feb2008 filed on five items that even the C&P's ruled on my behalf. Instead of a open and shut it was a devastating blow. After all I know and seen now it seems the VA did everything in there power to stop my claim in its tracks and did more to kill my claim then to help my claim and I can prove it. Even though I'm stuck in limbo right now till I get my day, the VARO has provided me with everything I need in my C-file and date stamped claim info, it should be embarrassing but I really don't think they feel any thing.`..

• HadIt.com Elder

many veterans who have only filed claims for Tinnitus and get their 10% awards think the VA is just perfect, let them get into the weeds with the rest of us, and then they would learn about the real VA,

it's not paranoia, if they are really doing it

Its funny how I've become educated over the last year. First I was a reader and then a member here on hadit.com and thought there was no way this stuff was going to happen to me (the madness that was going on at the time), if you'd forgive the lack of the choice of words "I thought it was a pitty party and maybe the VA system was so eat up with fraud this was why my claim was taking so long", Then I got my reality check in the form of a BIG FAT DENIAL on 12Feb2008 filed on five items that even the C&P's ruled on my behalf. Instead of a open and shut it was a devastating blow. After all I know and seen now it seems the VA did everything in there power to stop my claim in its tracks and did more to kill my claim then to help my claim and I can prove it. Even though I'm stuck in limbo right now till I get my day, the VARO has provided me with everything I need in my C-file and date stamped claim info, it should be embarrassing but I really don't think they feel any thing.`..

Yoggi2"Instead of a open and shut it was a devastating blow. "I have convinced myself that I will win my claim for IU. I have seemingly impeccable evidence in my favor.I know they sometimes lose key evidence and if they don't out right denigh the claim they delay it for years.Your statement above is a healthy reminder. :unsure: