VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Free Website To Guide You In Creating Va Claim/appeal

Rate this question

fanaticbooks

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi,

I have already mentioned my site on another website (VBN) and saw that a couple of people have posted here about it. I thought I would take a moment to give others a brief intro on it.

My site is www.howtoassemblevaclaims.com and is a free website intended to help veterans and/or dependents learn how to research, then organize and assemble claims/appeals for submission to the VA. It is NOT intended to take the place of veteran representatives or VA personnel. It was designed so that a lot of the work would be done by the vet/dependent before submission so that stuff would not be missed including filing claims for everything pertinent as well as proofs.

I am a secretary attempting to give organization and research possibilities since I had none and had to start from scratch 2 years into filing for my hubby. If as much as possible is done beforehand, then a vet rep doesn't have to spend so much time looking and can instead spend time filing. The same for the adjudicators or other VA personnel. Of course, once it is in the hands of the VA, additional expert help might be needed but at least the veteran would be aware of what has been provided and can then have a base from which to work.

This site is my way of saying THANK YOU to all veterans who have protected me and mine. My husband is a disabled vet, my parents were WWII vets and my ancestors have a long history of contributing something worthwhile to benefit this great country. I wanted to do the same and felt this might help those who offered their very lives to protect this great country.

Take a moment to check it out if you can and pass it to those who might need it.

Thank you and God Bless

fanaticbooks

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks.

I printed off the side effects of Motrin and was really surprised. Thanks for the web site! I did learn a few things. B)

Susie

Will check it out and I commend you for helping vets-

VA claimants need all the help we can get-

You made an excellent point-

Organization not only helps considerably when dealing with VA but it also eliminates a lot of stress.

As the VA ola started to build up when I married my husband, we started a filing system-

glad we did- some of that older stuff has relevance to my present claims now- decades after the fact-

and now I have 3 hard drives and two large filing cabinets full of VA paperwork and related stuff-all labeled and with contents listed on the front of each manila folder.

It isnt all directly my VA stuff- I should explain-but contains there medical info , CAVC decisions,past claims I helped local vets with and even med recs of a few vets (who left them here at my house so they would know always where they are)and lots of info on Nehmer, Haas, etc etc-

Whenever something happens with my claims or like the other night when I talked to an NVLSP lawyer-I expected him to email me but he called me up- at least I can pull out the related files fairly quickly to have in front of me what I am talking about-

Good vet reps these days are totally overwhelmed and bad reps need their hands held-

There is nothing better then presenting a valid claim to the VA -via a vet rep- that is well prepared with some supporting evidence right from the git go if possible.

I still recall a VA employee pulling out of his desk a claim he had filed that was denied and he asked me what I could do with it.

I held his claim up to the light and could see right through it-it looked like a doily.

It was a handwritten statement he had attached to the original 526 form-he had unfolded it many many times to show people but had never filed a NOD.

Last time I saw him was in the VAMC and he had been diagnosed with an AO condition (he was Vietnam vet) and told me someone at the VA had prepared the AO claim for him.

Whatever the VA says in a denial or an award- can also have bearing on a newer or re-opened claim.

It is important to save everything and make sure it is filed where it can be found if needed.

Edited by Berta

• Founder

good site should help, checked it out. thanks for helping your brothers and sisters.

Hi,

I have already mentioned my site on another website (VBN) and saw that a couple of people have posted here about it. I thought I would take a moment to give others a brief intro on it.

My site is www.howtoassemblevaclaims.com and is a free website intended to help veterans and/or dependents learn how to research, then organize and assemble claims/appeals for submission to the VA. It is NOT intended to take the place of veteran representatives or VA personnel. It was designed so that a lot of the work would be done by the vet/dependent before submission so that stuff would not be missed including filing claims for everything pertinent as well as proofs.

I am a secretary attempting to give organization and research possibilities since I had none and had to start from scratch 2 years into filing for my hubby. If as much as possible is done beforehand, then a vet rep doesn't have to spend so much time looking and can instead spend time filing. The same for the adjudicators or other VA personnel. Of course, once it is in the hands of the VA, additional expert help might be needed but at least the veteran would be aware of what has been provided and can then have a base from which to work.

This site is my way of saying THANK YOU to all veterans who have protected me and mine. My husband is a disabled vet, my parents were WWII vets and my ancestors have a long history of contributing something worthwhile to benefit this great country. I wanted to do the same and felt this might help those who offered their very lives to protect this great country.

Take a moment to check it out if you can and pass it to those who might need it.

Thank you and God Bless

fanaticbooks

Fanaticbooks,

I just reviewed your sited and it is an additional plus for Vets. Thanks to your spouse for his service to the nation and to you for all you do for him and in your quest to help Vets! B)

Thanks for posting this site here. I thought it looked so familiar I checked my saved document searches and there it was downloaded previously 07/11/08 5:20a.m. I found it after an internet search. Wish I would have found these different web sites when I started.

Started alone in 2003, bought books on internet, including Leggets, Roche's, and many others. Found vawatchdog.org in 2006 and hadit very recently and am always happy to see/learn more avenues to use in the claims processes.

Have found enormous help on this site with the challenges at the BVA level.

Thanks for more assistance to all vets. I too have military background from the Revolutionary War.

quote name='fanaticbooks' date='Jul 25 2008, 08:26 PM' post='99592']

Hi,

Thank you and God Bless

fanaticbooks

• HadIt.com Elder

A must see for anyone still fighting the VA for benefits. Its never to late.