VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Howto Increase Sc For Deteriorating Condition

Rate this question

autumn

Question

i'm service connected 30% for a lumbar injury 24 years ago. at that time the navy said it was a herniated disk. new mri images shows much degeneration and a few other things.

how do i submit a request for increase SC due to the deteriorating condition.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You can just write them a letter or use the 21-4138 form at the VA web site.

Put your C file number on the letter (keep copy and get proof of mailing it to them) and tell them your SC disability has increased and that your medical records will show it has gotten worse.

You can add that an MRI (dated) revealed degenerative changes and tell them anything else they need to know.

(like do you take any meds for pain and were the meds increased?)

i'm service connected 30% for a lumbar injury 24 years ago. at that time the navy said it was a herniated disk. new mri images shows much degeneration and a few other things.

how do i submit a request for increase SC due to the deteriorating condition.

never trust va. send everything certifiied mails return receipts and itt woulds not hrut to have it notoriezed.

even then they can lose it osya they lose it.

we need big protest of all va's on same day aronund the country to get atteentinon brought to this. milllions of disbaled vets and thhe service orgs get nooting done in theeir mettings and letters. vets need to band togtehrt for protestts.

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta gave you osme good advice.

I want to add the following info.

You are going to have to show the VA how your back has deterriorated.

This can be done by showing them the medical evidence and understanding what is required for either 40 percent or 60 percent for the lumbar spine.

The regs are the dominating factors here. Your Range of motion, if a Doctor prescribed bed rest, wether or not there is nerve involvement.

You can file for the increase to preserve your date and then submit the information at a later time.

Best of luck.

J

Berta, RetiredVet and jbasser,

thanks for the info. i'll start the ball by doing what Berta suggested and as jbasser states get the date initiated. i can submit the MRI impression report (also have CD), pain meds, bed rest from doctor, statements from people. also have another doctor reviewing some of this and hopefully he can write a note.

retiredVet, you are right, thousands of vets are getting left in the dust. boggles my mind some of the things i have seen/heard from doctors at VA. they hand out pills and such but when it come to SC stuff, they have memory loss or the losing of records, or can't see it on the computer, etc. band together? Groups have tried, legal action has be taken, Congress has reviewed, protests have happened, investigating reporting has taken place, etc., and it still goes on and on ... i have no answers but to submit paperwork for the rest of my life like an idiot ... i'm surprized there are not more whistleblowers in the VA, i really am. they have to see and hear what is going on ...

to_post_with_children.gifto_post_off.gifBerta You can just write them a letter or use the 21-413... Jul 10 2009, 05:36 PM

to_post_with_children.gifto_post_off.gifRetiredVet QUOTE (autumn @ Jul 9 2009, 10:54 AM) i... Jul 13 2009, 03:18 AM

to_post_no_children.gifto_post_off.gifjbasser Berta gave you osme good advice. I want to add the... Jul 13 2009, 10:00 AM

Berta, RetiredVet and jbasser,

thanks for the info. i'll start the ball by doing what Berta suggested and as jbasser states get the date initiated. i can submit the MRI impression report (also have CD), pain meds, bed rest from doctor, statements from people. also have another doctor reviewing some of this and hopefully he can write a note.

retiredVet, you are right, thousands of vets are getting left in the dust. boggles my mind some of the things i have seen/heard from doctors at VA. they hand out pills and such but when it come to SC stuff, they have memory loss or the losing of records, or can't see it on the computer, etc. band together? Groups have tried, legal action has be taken, Congress has reviewed, protests have happened, investigating reporting has taken place, etc., and it still goes on and on ... i have no answers but to submit paperwork for the rest of my life like an idiot ... i'm surprized there are not more whistleblowers in the VA, i really am. they have to see and hear what is going on ...

According to my VSO, the VA won't accept the CD containing your MRI images...you can print them out and submit. I also carried an image of my cervical spine clearly showing the degeneration and a copy of the radiologist's report to the C&P.

Good Luck