Jump to content

salty65

Seaman
  • Content Count

    22
  • Donations

    $0.00 
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About salty65

  • Rank
    E-3 Seaman

Previous Fields

  • Service Connected Disability
    80%
  • Branch of Service
    Air Force

Recent Profile Visitors

374 profile views
  1. Hello Berta, Yes I am still employed, and the VA made no statements as to TDIU consideration. Also, I would like to work as long as possible, as I know one day my disabillities will get the best of me and prevent that from occurring.Just this past Tuesday I received a call from QTC to be scheduled for a C&P exam for lumbar strain.
  2. This is from the VA response I received addressing my claim for PFB. Service connection for pseudo folliculitis barbae has been granted because this condition, which existed prior to military service, permanently worsened as a result of service. The difference between disability evaluations before and after military service determines the degree of disability subject to service connection. Prior to service, the disability is considered 10 percent disabling based on evidence that showed pseudo folliculitis barbae on neck and chin. Following military discharge, the disability is 10 percent disabling because the evidence shows pseudo folliculitis barbae on neck, throat, and chin. The preservice percentage is always deducted before assuming any service-connected evaluation less than 100 percent. An aggravated evaluation of 0 percent is assigned from November 7, 2012. When added with the pre-existing 10 percent, this disability meets the criteria for the 10 percent evaluation. An evaluation of 10 percent is assigned for evidence of dermatitis or eczema involving at least 5 percent but less than 20 percent, of the entire body, or at least 5 percent, but less than 20 percent of exposed areas affected, or; intermittent systemic therapy such as corticosteroids or other immunosuppressive drugs required for a total duration of less than six weeks during the past 12 month period. A higher evaluation of 30 percent is not warranted unless the record shows dermatitis or eczema involving 20 to 40 percent of the entire body or 20 to 40 percent of the entire body or 20 to 40 percent of exposed areas affected, or; systemic therapy such as corticosteroids or other immunosuppressive drugs required for a total duration of six weeks or more, but not constantly, during the past 12-month period. Thank you.
  3. Congratulations on your award! Enjoy your new found benifits.
  4. Congratulations Computer Tech! Merry Christmas to you and yours!
  5. Well, I finallly received the envelope identifying the VA's stance on my claims. As I stated earlier, I was awarded 70% for comabat related PTSD, and my knees remained teh same at 10% each, for a total of 80% disability. My sleep apnea claim was denied again for lack of new and material evidence (I was diagnosed after retirement from active duty and I am already on a CPAP machine). The painful scars were addressed as not meeting the medical criteria, although at the C&P exam, the QTC doctor only examined my chin and neck area for PFB (shaving bumps) and did not examine my painful scars resulting from surgery during my active duty time. I also looked at the documentation and it stated he should be examining my painful scars, but he insisted he was not supposed to do so. My claim for lumbar strain was deferred and I am awaiting a C&P exam with QTC, with a suspense date of February 2014. With that, here are my questions. I was awarded 0% for PFB (shaving bumps) as they stated they were present on my enlistment. However, that can't be possible because I never shaved until I entered the miitary. I also provided copies of shaving waivers, one from basic when the PFB began to develop and other shaving waivers form various times during my career. Should I refile sleep apnea as a secondary condition of PTSD? How should I approach the decision relating to painful scars, since the doctor did not examine them at all? Thank you in advance for your support.
  6. Awesome! Congrats and enjoy your Christmas.
  7. Thanks guys. I appreciate all of the kind words. Since the decision showed up on Friday the 13th, does anyone know how long will it be before they deposit the retro to my bank account?
  8. yes Berta, I did originally claim PTSD in 2006 and was formally denied,but they rated me 10% for dysthymic disorder. Also, what is strange is they moved the "PTSD, non service connected" from the narrative that I see when I go through the motions of filing another claim on ebennies. As to your second question, I have been through a divorce since I originally filed, so I am not sure if I still have the original denial, but I will look.
  9. John999, yes I work as of now. Also, I would like to keep working if possible.
  10. Hey guys, I received a decision yesterday. I was granted 70% for service connected PTSD and major depressive disorder, which was originally diagnosed as dysthymic disorder in 2006, of which I claimed in 2006 as PTSD, which the VA said was unsubstantiated in 2006, and my knees remain at 10% each, for a total of 80%. I had several other conditions (PFB (new),increase for left/right knee degenerative arthritis with loss of flexion, lumbar strain (reopen), sleep apnea (reopen) that was identified after active duty, painful scars(new) from stitches given after a car accident while on active duty. All were denied, except the increase from dysthymic disorder to PTSD. Although, what is strange is the amount that is showing as the amount of $762.00 for the 80% disability. I haven't received the big brown envelope yet,so I can't elaborate more than that right now. Also, the lumbar strain isn't even showing up when I go through the motions of "filing a new claim." Never the less, I know I am blessed to be where I am. Thanks guys for your support throughout this last year, and I will keep you all posted once the big brown envelope arrives.
  11. Bevo, Don't give up. Keeping fighting for what you deserve.
  12. Yes Chuck, When the original claim was denied in 2006 there was a C&P exam. However, I don't remember it being anywhere as substantive (3 hours) as the C&P exam I recently went through. The original claim shows up as denied on Ebennies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines