Jump to content

chrisp4995

Seaman
  • Content Count

    6
  • Donations

    $0.00 
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

2 Neutral

About chrisp4995

  • Rank
    E-3 Seaman
  • Birthday March 1

Profile Information

  • Military Rank
    E-4 Corporal
  • Location
    Jersey

Previous Fields

  • Service Connected Disability
    100%
  • Branch of Service
    Marines
  1. Hey Buck, Thanks for the reply.. I actually haven't even tried to use the VA MST coordinator but I have good and bad things when it comes to utilizing the VA for MST issues. As far as the markers and such, my claim has already been processed and approved. I have gone to a couple MST programs but they were privately owned. Ive been in a bad way these last 2 months and i feel like i really need some residential safe and comfortable time. But just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to respond to my questuio
  2. I was trying to get any first hand knowledge concerning MST/PTSD residential programs that accept men. If anyone reading this forum has been to any inpatient mens programs anywhere in the country I would greatly appreciate your experiences. I would like to know about any facilities good or bad. Also, was it a walk in or did you have to get a referral to go there?? Any help will be much appreciated!! Hopefully some of you have been to some good facilities... Chris P 100% IU
  3. Navy4Life and "L" , I just wanted to say a quick thank you for the responses. They really did help me..
  4. Hello All, I have a question that i have asked several times and never really get a straight answer... (maybe there isn't one) I was rated 80% disabled and 70% of that is for PTSD/MST w/ MDD, Anxiety, Opioid use disorder, Alcohol use disorder and Stimulant use disorder, 30% right ankle and 10% Tinnitus and was later granted Individual Unemployability by the VA. I must give credit where credit is due and say that VA was very good with my claims and I am grateful that I was fortunate enough to get a rater that gave a crap about disabled veterans. I am now curious if anyone has any knowledge concerning if or when my IU could possibly become Total and Permanent. I'm sure its different for many people but i have been told some strange things concerning this. I did hear some valid statements like because i am 43 y/o they won't even consider making it permanent until i'm 55. I hear that PTSD for mental disorders will never become permanent because you may someday be cured... I could go on and on of things i have come across but i'm sure there is someone looking at these forums that will possibly have some first hand knowledge. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read my post. Respectfully, Chris P
  5. Thank you both for the responses. I kinda figured that was the case but it just seems a bit strange. I am more than grateful for what they gave, i just wanted clarification... Again, thank you
  6. Any help will be appreciated... I am rated 30% for right leg issues and 10% for Tinnitus. I was recently rated 70% for PTSD/MST... (Total combined 80%) This past week my Individual Unemployability was granted rating me 100%. This is the part that gets me confused, my Psych Dr., my therapist and the C&P Doctor diagnosed me with several more disabilities. I know about pyramiding and only being able to be rated for one mental disorder but do the VA Raters even take them into account or are they only allowed to look at the C&P Doctors findings concerning the PTSD/MST? I know my PTSD/MST was rated 70% by itself. It seems crazy to me that with all the other disorders that were granted, they don't appear to be considered at all for the 70% rating. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?? My Decision letter stated the following: "Evaluation of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder with Alcohol Use Disorder, Stimulant use Disorder and Opioid use Disorder, also claimed as Anxiety, Depression and Cocaine Addiction is Granted with an evaluation of 70%. I hope this isn't a silly question... I may not be seeing the obvious but i figured i'd ask you guys... Thank you
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines