Jump to content

SKScott

Seaman
  • Posts

    2
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Donations

    $0.00 

Profile Information

  • Location
    Los Angeles

Previous Fields

  • Service Connected Disability
    70%
  • Branch of Service
    Army

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

SKScott's Achievements

Newbie

Newbie (1/14)

  • First Post
  • Conversation Starter
  • Week One Done
  • One Month Later
  • One Year In

Recent Badges

0

Reputation

  1. Hello! I filed for an increase, with a fully-developed claim, on an issue that I'm currently rated at service-connected 0%. I established my "Intent to File" on the 24th of September. The file was submitted/received on the 30th of December 2020 and moved to "Evidence gathering, review, and decision" on the 4th of January 2021. This morning (6th of January), a call came in and I was told that I would be scheduled for a C&P Exam. They needed to know if I was available due to Covid, to which I told them that I was. The woman informed me that within 2-3 weeks I would be notified of the date/time of my appointment. I thought I would be able to avoid a C&P Exam, because since October 2020, I've had 20+ VA appointments, 1 VA hospitalization, 1 VA MRI, 2 VA ultrasounds, 2 VA blood transfusions, and numerous VA blood draws, in regards to the issue that I'm asking an increase for. I'm even tentatively scheduled for surgery on the 26th of January (depending on how Covid issues play out here in California). I purposely waited, until I had gone through all those appointments/procedures/tests, so that I could include them in my fully-developed claim. I've had my fair share of C&P Exams, which have always been brief and perfunctory. I'm concerned about how much that exam will play into the rater's decision, when they already have a wealth of information from doctors/surgeons at the VA, all of which has been recently documented over the last 3 months. Has anyone experienced a situation similar to this? Did they end up changing their mind about making you submit to a C&P Exam? If not, did the C&P Exam weigh heavily on the type of decision the rater made? Thanks.
  2. Hello, everyone! I've been on this site reading all the valuable information while I waited for my new claims to process. A local VSO initiated my intent to file, back in March of this year, and I brought in all of the requested documents for an appointment on July 11. This is when the file was formally submitted to the VA. I had two new claims. I was given two C&P appointments, for each issue...one in July, and the other in August. I called Peggy to find out the status, last Thursday, and I was told that my file had been updated that very day. It appeared there was a rating decision, but I would have to wait for the BBE to find out the details. I checked the site again, a few days later. I finally could see that I had been rated (at 70%) for one issue, but the second issue (bilateral pes planus) had been deferred. On Ebenefits, the entire claim, it appeared, went from "preparing for notification," back to the "gathering evidence" stage. When I called for an explanation, I was told that it possibly needed another signature, but Peggy wasn't for sure. Peggy also said that, according to the notes, there was nothing that the VA needed from me. Today, my Ebenefits account was updated, and it had new information. The new information was put under claim status as "Request 2: Award returned to local VSR for correction." (I inserted a link below to a screenshot of my claim status.) Is anyone familiar with this issue and can explain what it means? Screenshot of claim status
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines