Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

  • Donations


GBArmy last won the day on June 15

GBArmy had the most liked content!


About GBArmy

Profile Information

  • Military Rank
  • Location
    Long Binh, Vietnam
  • Interests
    gardening, advocating for other veterans

Previous Fields

  • Service Connected Disability
  • Branch of Service

Recent Profile Visitors

4,144 profile views

GBArmy's Achievements

Grand Master

Grand Master (14/14)

  • Reacting Well Rare
  • Dedicated Rare
  • Very Popular Rare
  • Week One Done
  • One Month Later

Recent Badges




Community Answers

  1. Combat eng Well congrats to you! We all appreciate and celebrate when a veteran finally wins out and gets the disability they deserve. I might suggest you could also make a donation to Hadit out of your back pay, if you can afford it, to help keep this veteran site on line. Again, congrats. Stay connected and lend your knowledge of what you experienced to others with similar issues.
  2. Thinders1951 Really important to add a new buddy letter (21-10210 to talk about how your current symptoms affect your daily life, physically, mentally and socially. Example: I no longer go out to lunch , etc. etc. with friends because I'm afraid I won't get to the bathroom in time, my meds make me..., Talk about what you can't enjoy now that you used to. Also up front on the letter refer to your doctor's letter to tie it together as part of your new evidence.
  3. Bangkokbill I could not find the same or identical MOS listing for radio op. Closest I found was MOS 25C Radio Op-Maintainer see this listing https://sdvsoa.weebly.com/uploads/1/1/5/9/115936913/duty_mos_noise_exposure_levels_2.pdf Search and see if you can find one in another branch. However, 25C has a moderate rating which will support your case. Berta again had great links for you on what the MOS codes; use that as part of your evidence. On your buddy letter you talk about specific instances which you remember it was especially hard ex. I was on the flight line and an F4 took off and my ears were ringing for 6 hours after" or, "the mos code training was for 8 straight hours 6 days in a row and everyone said that their ears were buzzing all day long from the constant pinging." If it was an event that was not related to your MOS but was an isolated event that you were exposed to, talk to that in length. This is you most important evidence you submit, so paint a picture what happened.
  4. I should add that Berta's posting has "Turning next to service incurrence, the Board finds that the Veteran was exposed to excessive levels of noise in service, based on his consistent statements regarding in-service noise exposure related to his MOS. The Board also notes that while the Veteran’s specific MOS isn’t listed in VA’s Duty Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) Noise Exposure Listing, military personnel having an MOS of Engineer have for the most part been determined to have a moderate to high probability of noise exposure." That can be a very good legal reference if it applies to you.--------------------
  5. Bankokbill Unfortunately you are between a rock and a hard place. Do you have a VSO that can look into your file and find out what they are looking for? Or, a Veterans claims Agent could help or a lawyer but it's stuff to get them to do something for you if there isn't any $ in it for them which there isn't unless you are appealing a previously denied claim. A VSO can though at this stage. If you present the evidence and can prove the service connection and you have a current diagnosis for the tinnitus, they have toe approve. Or you go to the BVA. They just can't deny because the VA DIDN'T get your records/evidence, you provided. So, start at square one. Do you have a current diagnosis from a doc or audiologist that states you have tinnitus? Next, you need a favorable diagnosis from the same that can link the event or illness that you had in the service to your current condition, called a nexus. The statement would be something like "based on the veterans medicakl records and his current ...testing he has tinnitus. He was ex. exposed to... while in service and my eval is consistent showing the event that caused his tinnus hs at least as likely as not the direct cause of his service disability. This is my professional and medical opinion which is based on ...years of practice. Next you need buddy letters. You talk about the event in service. If your MOS is a high correlation to hearing problems, you talk about (back then, we didn't have OSHA or ear protection, etc.) If there is someone in your family that can attest to early acknowledgement of your tinnitus, you get a buddy letter for that as well. When you have ALL three elements of the claim, you submit it against the claim and wait for the decision. If disapproved, you go to the BVA. What was your MOS? Were you deployed to Vietnam? They could be factors in your favor.
  6. Bankokbill Welcome to Hadit. The VA has a "duty to assist". The veteran doesn't have to provide copies of your military records or medical records; the VA is supposed to do the leg work. It takes longer if they do; we suggest you provide if you have the evidence yourself, that way it specifically part of your evidence for your claim. That said, they are supposed to but they often take the easy way out and say they couldn't get the records. What is in your records at the NPRC that you need to prove your claim? Is it your MOS that shows an increase of your opportunities to have exposure to loud noises? You can get that off your DD214. A statement in support of your claim, or Buddy Letter, may be a good substitute for your missing evidence. You do one on how the tinnitus affects your daily routine at work and interactions with others. Get another from someone who knew you before you experienced the disability, and how it affects you now.You can and should request a copy of whatever your missing thru a FOIA request, but know it's probably a year away because of the backlog. Lastly, as indicated by getting your MOS of your DD214, there may be alternative resources depending upon what evidence you are missing. Example: newspaper clipping from a car accident or a flight ticket. Without know what you need, I would just advise to be creative on trying to get what you need.
  7. Thinders1951 Welcome to Hadit. I have not had the same problem you have but I assume you are talking about a VA proposal to reduce raing. You need to respond to the letter right away and request ahearing on your conditions and how they effect you.Diagnostic code 7529 calls out residual symptoms that will provide for ratings. For example, if you have a voiding dysfunction where you need to use 2 to 4 disposable pads, you are rated at 40%. Know where you are in relationship to those conditions. The VA does not pay for a disability if the veteran now longer has it or suffers any side symptoms or residuals that can be rated. So, if the cancer is gone, they would only rate on the after effects. Of course, if the cancer returns, you reapply.
  8. Buck That is great news; we all are really please things are turning positive for you and Brenda! Just a word about you. This is also really stressful on you. Be really sure you are getting enough rest. With God speed, you'll be doing the caregiver for her after the next operation very soon. You want to be in the best shape you can for that which includes being rested up now while you can.
  9. Your effective date goes back 7 years so you are going to get a nice pot of $. Be sure you are not short changed.
  10. I should add this may be helpful for you https://www.va.gov/disability/compensation-rates/special-monthly-compensation-rates/
  11. Hi Millis Welcome to Hadit. Oversimplification: The VA pays additional $ to veterans who are already rated at a combined rate of 100% if he or she has additional disabilities that are service connected that are at least an additional 60% rating. The rate increases if you have dependents.
  12. Dingo Getting "checked" at the VA for hearing doesn't necessarily mean it is the same as an exam for disability. VA Benefits (disability) avs.VA Health (health care.). Different systems and they don't talk to each other. I question the adequacy of the hearing exam. Did you get a copy of the medical report,. What were the values. If you didn't get them, get them. If you really want to do this, then get a private audiology test done and see what those values are. The VA uses a test method called the "Maryland Test." That is what you would use to compare apples to apples. If the results show you meet the min scale for compensation, submit a claim. However, since you are 100% P&T already, be sure you want to do it. What would you gain? If you are not clsoe to getting a SMC, I don't know that I would do it myself.
  13. Advice provided makes sense. You won't know until you receive the award letter, and then go from there.
  14. Wico You could call "Peggy" at 800-827-1000 and ask for a copy. You should be able to get it after 10 business days. But what I think you really need to do is get a copy of your C-file, which will have a lot more info regarding your medical records and claims. Submit a FOIA request (20-10206) and sit back and wait. I also suggest that you submit an intent to file (21-0996)to try to establish as early as possible an effective date for your new claim. You have a year after submitting the intent to keep the date.
  15. Yup, just got mine also. IMHO it's about time. Either that, or find a place to work that will prevent them from spreading Covid to already compromised veterans.
  • Create New...

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines