Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'dmii'.
Found 3 results
armyvet89 posted a question in VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims Research ForumHello folks! I have recently submitted a claim with the VA to reopen my previously denied PTSD, depression diabetes and sleep apnea secondary to pain, medications, weight gain and depression and TBI and TBI residuals with headaches. I got a call yesterday from VES and I have never heard of them. Anyone have input on them? It looks like the only C&P they ordered was for TBI. Any reason why they wouldn't ask for a C&P for the other claimed conditions? Thanks for any and all help!
I had a C&P last week and talked to the examiner about DMII in relationship to my cateracts, in Fayetteville Arkansas. The examiner explained , Cataracts are not contributed to by DMII?? The National Institute of health states on their website (National Eye Institute) That it is secondary to Diabetes. The examiner asked me if I smoked, and I told her I started in my Late teens (Mliitary Vietnam) and quit in my early thirties. So she didn't even mention it in her report. She informed me that smoking causes Cataracts, and age. This dawned on me today, The Military gave me cigarettes and approved of us smoking! In every pack of Both C and Lrrp Rations were Government Issued Cigarettes, as a matter of fact, that is when I started smoking, along with some other people. So in essence, weren't we encouraged to Smoke??? Cigarette brands issued included Camel, Chelsea, Chesterfield, Craven "A"-Brand, Lucky Strike, Old Gold, Philip Morris, Player's, Raleigh, and Wings. So , when I was 17 in basic, we had C Rations occasionally, and in Vietnam Both Kinds of rations (With Smokes) Saddletramp
I am currently rated : IHD=60, DMII=20 and PN=40 (4X10). VA math puts that at 80%. I was put on insulin last month which can increase the DMII from 20% to 40%. The way I calculate the VA math that would put me at 84.25%. This I am sure the VA would round down to 80%. If I end up with the same 80% I have now, does it make any sense to file for an increase at this time? Or, should I wait until there may be something else for which I could file? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Dave