VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My I/u Claim

Rate this topic

spike

Wow. Surprised. I got a letter from the DAV and I received the I/U Grant in one month. My last day of work was March 1. I rode it out for about 20 days. I got a letter from a chiropractor and let him see the CFR for statement for I/U. I applied with his letter to go with my application on March 20. The VA actually got it out of "mail" on March 23. They sent the forms to my employers on the March 23. They received all the letters back from employers on April 9th. File went to VSR and rating board and was completed by April 25 (with Finance). Obtaining retro May 3. I was really surprised on the VA on this one. A rating without an exam and a slam dunk on I/U. FYI. I hope it goes like this for others.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WONDERFUL Spike-

The TDIU app in my opinion can save a lot of time.

The VA could have -lets say multiple claimed issues from a veteran-that might in the long run support a TDIU award.

BUT when they get a TDIU app their focus is only on what conditions could cause the main levels of disability to raise to TDIU-

I am unable to take time to explain what I mean----

I think the TDIU app actually makes VA's job easier especially when they get all the evidence ASAP or even sent with the Application.

Gee this is Buffalo RO right?

I have been raising all sorts of hell about them with anyone in Washington who will listen-

The fastest award I ever saw there is yours- I had 2-3 in 3-4 months for local vets-and they did turn their decision on my NODS on a few matters in 3 weeks.

I nodded my daughters Chap 35 decision and that too turned around immediately.

They forget to add her 7 years military service to the award.She had sent the DD 214 and her award letter- and was astonished at their error.

I just said welcome to my world Frances-

I sent a scathing NOD and the actual regs and she got the proper award in 3 weeks.

It depends on who you get at this VARO and what stack they put you in.

But still I am 4 years plus now on my claims.

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

Spike sounds like a world record to me, I hope you know how lucky you were, yes having the proper documentation helps the claim process a lot, but normally the VA doesn't even read the mail inside of a month, so to get it processsed and completed, all I can say is outstanding, me I am in Berta's club October 2007 will be 5 years.

Spike,

CONGRATS!!

What do you think of sending in the completed employer forms with an IU claim. I realize that you didn't do that but in my case I don't have a lot of confidence that my RO will send out employer verification forms promptly and for that matter, that my old employer will fill them out either. I thought if I called and talked to someone who could fill it out it would help my claim to send it in with the IU form. What do you think?

Thanks and congrats again,

ts

• HadIt.com Elder

Spike:

That is the way it should be not the exception. I am glad for you.

Pete