• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• Trouble Remembering? This helped me.

I have memory problems and as some of you may know I highly recommend Evernote and have for years. Though I've found that writing helps me remember more. I ran across Tom's videos on youtube, I'm a bit geeky and I also use an IPad so if you take notes on your IPad or you are thinking of going paperless check it out. I'm really happy with it, I use it with a program called Noteshelf 2.

Click here to purchase your digital journal. HadIt.com receives a commission on each purchase.

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

I'd like to hear from Vets who have had to sign a Narcotic Contract in order to receive pain meds from a VA medical center.

What state and what facility has asked you to sign this contract?

How was the contract presented to you?

Were there consequences if you did not sign it?

Have there been negative consequences as a result of signing this contract.

Have you asked any questions concerning the contract such as who and or how did this contract come into existence?

What are your thoughts about having such a contract even if you have not been asked to sign one.

If you have a copy of your contract would you be willing to send me a copy ( a blank copy is good enough )

If you think that medication abuse takes place what percentage of Vets do you think abuse RX meds?

Edited by Tbird

I signed a contract for narcotic pain meds with the VAMC in Tampa Florida. I don't think this is unusual. What the VA is worried about is vets getting pain meds and then selling them instead of using them. What happens is that once you sign the contract you have to take a urine and blood test once or twice a year to see if the narcotic is in your system. If it is not in your system then you have to explain why. The VA is much more easy going than many pain management clinics who will only prescribe a month's supply at a time. The VA is also more inclined to prescribe more powerful pain meds than most other doctors. The contract is not a big deal as long as you abide by it. Just be sure you have the dope in your system when you go in for blood work. The feds hound many pain private pain management doctors and they are paranoid as hell about prescribing what is necessary. The VA is not in my experience.

The VA prescribes meds to keep the Vet away from the Doctors.

I signed a contract for narcotic pain meds with the VAMC in Tampa Florida. I don't think this is unusual. What the VA is worried about is vets getting pain meds and then selling them instead of using them. What happens is that once you sign the contract you have to take a urine and blood test once or twice a year to see if the narcotic is in your system. If it is not in your system then you have to explain why. The VA is much more easy going than many pain management clinics who will only prescribe a month's supply at a time. The VA is also more inclined to prescribe more powerful pain meds than most other doctors. The contract is not a big deal as long as you abide by it. Just be sure you have the dope in your system when you go in for blood work. The feds hound many pain private pain management doctors and they are paranoid as hell about prescribing what is necessary. The VA is not in my experience.

I know all the right reasons for having one. But it seems that no one knows who gave the orders to present this document into VA health care system.

There is no header or footer with offical information on any of the ones that I have seen. If you accept the defintion : "A contract is a legally binding exchange of promises or agreement between parties that the law will enforce." Then one might ask: What happens when the VA does not abide by it's promise"? Some of these contracts although approved by regional counsel may in fact be illegal. This is why I'm seeking comparative information and accounts of negative consequences.

As we all know what happens in the real world of medicine is not necessarily what happens in the VA now is it?

Edited by Steppenwolf

The VA prescribes meds to keep the Vet away from the Doctors.

Can't seem to get those pages to load. Can you check to see it they're listed correctly?

Thanks