VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Emg Test

Rate this question

betrayed

Question

Long story short I have bulging disk at c6/7, neurosurgeon states from looking at spine mri that there is nerve root compression.Neurosurgeon sent me for EMG which was conducted by another neurosurgeon EMG showed bilateral carpal tunnel but it showed no evidence of cervical radialopathy (SP?). I will attach the emg results. I thought this was done to look for permanent nerve damage? My understanding the test shows no permananet nerve damage.

But does the test rule out that nerve root compression is causing problems with my right hand and arm?

post-768-1180279345_thumb.jpg

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Betrayed

about 10 years ago I received 50% from c4/c5/c6 causing the right arm/hand to go numb all the time, with constant pain in the right arm and hand.

I also had the EMG, and they ruled that the carpal tunnel in both hands was not related to the problems with c4/c5/c6.

Subsequently, I had an operation for the carpal tunnel in my left hand and it is now doing well.

The pains are getting so bad, in both arms, that I went back and complained.

Last week I had another EMG, and all the neuro. said is that the carpal tunnel in my right hand is so serious that I need an immediate operation or there will be some other serious problems, but they did no elaborate. The neuro. told me nothing else.

When I get some written results, I will let you know how it works out.

• HadIt.com Elder

Betrayed, (Chief) Keep an eye out for other symptoms from your Nerve Root compression.

The C spine acts as a Circuit breaker in the body.

Also remember that nerves dont have to show compression. The Neural foramen sometimes narrows and causes problems also.

I can show you an example if you need one.

J

I can show you an example if you need one.

J

please do I have both MRI's on CDROM pretty neat, mine is so bad even I spotted it in a flash