VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Interet Pharmacy

Rate this topic

Has anyone ever used one of those internet pharmacy places? I have had 5 Service-connected Outpatient Emergency Room visits and 2 at a VAMC (1 ½ hours away) since January 1, 2007 and I really should have gone more. I do not want to give a health history, but I will say I have had major migraines (2-4 per week) since 1985; I am allergic to many meds and the two that work:

Dilaudid – Which comes in tablets (for take home use) or injection at Doc’s office. This is in the VA Formulary.

Stadol – Which comes Nasal Spray (that I use), injection at Doc’s office or tablets (which I have never had. This is not in the VA Formulary.

I have only recently found out about the Dilaudid when I was at the ER.

I use the Stadol because it manages my pain quickly, it’s cheap and I can use it at home. One bottle lasts only 10 squirts (they are measured). I’ve used the Nasal Spray and injections for years it works quickly.

My PCP, who will write anything, won’t give even outside scripts for these two, so I thought I would get them through the internet.

Any Tips?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried going to your local urgent care and seeing if they would wriite you a scrip for them? I would be weary of using the internet for ordering meds with no script. You may end up broke, with no meds or even in trouble. I would try going to a different doc first.

good luck

• HadIt.com Elder

Anytime a Doc or anyone at the VA says No you can and should appeal it if you feel that strongly about it. Good Luck

• 3 weeks later...

MarineDog,

Concerning your migranes...you might want to try imatrex, if you havent yet. I have suffered form migranes for years and this med works quick. Much better than the tylenol 3 I used to have.

It comes in pill, inject or snort form.

jecsb4

Marine Dog:

I to suffer from migraines and if needed I go to the hospital so I share your pain(No pun intended). DO NOT trust the meds you get on the inernet. On one occasion I ordered them years back and they were far inferior to the real McCoy. My impression was that I would be doing more harm than good by continuing to take them. We also have had four incidents of severe reactions to the overseas medication which was shipped to someone's home here in my county. Below advice is the best. When in a tight spot, I go to Urgent Care if the attack occurs during the day and the ER if it occurs at night. In addition, Customs is taking a closer look at these meds and it is illegal to be in possession of the medicine without a physicians prescription especially narcotics. I have a severe reaction to Dilaudid which in reality is synthetic heroin. Very potent, addictive and deadly. I hate those narcotics becuase the next day I have the shakes so unless I really am in a bad spot I try to avoid them and use whatever I can to get me to sleep quickly.

Also for those Virginia residents who suffer from Migraines. Dont carry narcotic medicine in a "pill fob" without the prescription. It is a felony crime. If you are goingt to do this, ask the pharmacist to print out another label and insert that additional label in the "pill fob" so that if you are searched by law enforcement you will be able to support the medical use of the drug. Just an FYI to save you from a whole bunch of explanation. They are serious about prosecuting you if you are found in possession and the "I have a Migraine" defense wont work.