VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Interet Pharmacy

Rate this topic

Hey jecb4 and USACID, thanks for your input. I didn't tell you all the meds I am alergic to, I am alergic to imatrex and all drugs in that class. I have used Dilaudid and Stadyol with very good reults for over 15 years for my migraines and I am not a junkie. When I have a bad migraine I will lay in bed, place icebags around my head, close the drapes and crank the a/c down to 72.

Dilaudid and Stadyol are both in a class of synthetic opioids (sp). They are addditive and long term use is looked at in a negative light. For my smaller migrains I use Percoet and for my larger ones I will use Dilaudid and Stadyol. I also go through the same procedure for home, VAMC (1 1/2 hours away), Urgent Care and ER for the administration of my care.

Anyway, thanks again for your input.

Todd

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey jecb4 and USACID, thanks for your input. I didn't tell you all the meds I am alergic to, I am alergic to imatrex and all drugs in that class. I have used Dilaudid and Stadyol with very good reults for over 15 years for my migraines and I am not a junkie. When I have a bad migraine I will lay in bed, place icebags around my head, close the drapes and crank the a/c down to 72.

Dilaudid and Stadyol are both in a class of synthetic opioids (sp). They are addditive and long term use is looked at in a negative light. For my smaller migrains I use Percoet and for my larger ones I will use Dilaudid and Stadyol. I also go through the same procedure for home, VAMC (1 1/2 hours away), Urgent Care and ER for the administration of my care.

Todd

Todd

• HadIt.com Elder
Marine Dog:

I to suffer from migraines and if needed I go to the hospital so I share your pain(No pun intended). DO NOT trust the meds you get on the inernet. On one occasion I ordered them years back and they were far inferior to the real McCoy. My impression was that I would be doing more harm than good by continuing to take them. We also have had four incidents of severe reactions to the overseas medication which was shipped to someone's home here in my county. Below advice is the best. When in a tight spot, I go to Urgent Care if the attack occurs during the day and the ER if it occurs at night. In addition, Customs is taking a closer look at these meds and it is illegal to be in possession of the medicine without a physicians prescription especially narcotics. I have a severe reaction to Dilaudid which in reality is synthetic heroin. Very potent, addictive and deadly. I hate those narcotics becuase the next day I have the shakes so unless I really am in a bad spot I try to avoid them and use whatever I can to get me to sleep quickly.

Also for those Virginia residents who suffer from Migraines. Dont carry narcotic medicine in a "pill fob" without the prescription. It is a felony crime. If you are goingt to do this, ask the pharmacist to print out another label and insert that additional label in the "pill fob" so that if you are searched by law enforcement you will be able to support the medical use of the drug. Just an FYI to save you from a whole bunch of explanation. They are serious about prosecuting you if you are found in possession and the "I have a Migraine" defense wont work.

That is true, goodness, I had forgotten. I am going to have to be

more careful with my Valium. I always carry my Valium with me in my

purse in its' prescription bottle. Do you know if this is acceptable?

I have been told it is not.

Thanks,

Betty

i am service connected for migraines. my doctor prescribes me 120 dilaudid 8mg and 120 tylenol #4 every month. i have never been seen by a va doctor for migraines. if i did, what would be my chances of him prescribing me this same medicine ? everybody tells me to forget it. they say that he will give you 60 of some strength of ms contin since it is cheap. what if i take my prescriptions from my doctor to the va to be filled ? would they prescribe them or try to give me something else ?