VA Disability Claims Community Forums - Hadit.com
  • donate-banner-email-dec-2023.png

Growing Medical Bills

Rate this question

edtremblay

Question

Hi I'm new here trying to figure out how things work so please try to bear with me . I'm a 56 year old male Army Vietnam vet with stage 4 lung cancer. I've applied for and been granted ssdi but will not receive anything until September. My VA claim is pending and that looks several months away at a minimum the bills for Chemo and Radiation add up fast and while I have health insurance there is alot unpaid does anyone know if there will be any payment of these treatments from the VA once I'm rated??? Does anyone have any resources for litigation against the manufacturers of agent orange and the other herbicides that are causing all the problems??? This is an awesome site and I'm glad to have found it I'm proud to be a member thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Sincerely Ed Tremblay

and thank you to all who have already helped and will consider helping wow what a family

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hi Jangrin thanks for the4 attention and help but if you check the VA claim reasearch section I found and posted some info I found on the subject thanks the newbie B)

I think this post got buried- back to the top- can anyone comment on this post for our newbie?

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit. Have you asked the VA to expedite your claim? You should get the claim provided you can link it to Viet Nam which appears to be the case. Used to be you only had to show you stepped foot in Viet Nam wearing a uniform. Not sure now as the VA is also allowing blue water claims [Navy].

As far as the VA paying they probably will back to your effective date. I suggest that you go to your VA Medical Center and ask to see a VA Social Worker to see if they can help.

You should also visit the VA Fee Service people at your VA Hospital and explain that you expect your bills to be paid as soon as you are awarded your claim and ask them to help you.

Good Luck and thank you for your Service.

• HadIt.com Elder

This is more or less a dead issue. It seems that our government granted immunity as part of a long ago settlement. The settlement details are complex, but one part leaves those who developed AO related symptoms after a cutoff date out in the cold. The settlement funds have been expended.

This basically leaves the VA as the only provider of compensation and medical care, other than private insurance. Getting money from the VA to pay for non VA medical treatment and expenses is a long tough road to hoe with a minimal chance of success. You must play by thier rules, and those are designed to limit payment, not pay what is due.

"litigation against the manufacturers of agent orange and the other herbicides that are causing all the problems???"

Hi I'm new here trying to figure out how things work so please try to bear with me . I'm a 56 year old male Army Vietnam vet with stage 4 lung cancer. I've applied for and been granted ssdi but will not receive anything until September. My VA claim is pending and that looks several months away at a minimum the bills for Chemo and Radiation add up fast and while I have health insurance there is alot unpaid does anyone know if there will be any payment of these treatments from the VA once I'm rated??? Does anyone have any resources for litigation against the manufacturers of agent orange and the other herbicides that are causing all the problems??? This is an awesome site and I'm glad to have found it I'm proud to be a member thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Sincerely Ed Tremblay

and thank you to all who have already helped and will consider helping wow what a family

Yeah-----------I agree with that-

Is your AO cancer of a soft tissue sarcoma type?

I suggest that you go to Cybersarge's web site and under the AO area he has the whole list of the medical terms for AO cancers -VA is only to happy to try to say smoking or post service things caused lung cancer in Nam vets-

A widow repped by MOPH was told she would get DIC no problem as the veteran(Vietnam) died of lung cancer.

VA denied saying it was not a soft tissue sarcoma type-

Cybersarge: http://cybersarges.tripod.com/

I was guest host of a veterans radio show last week and I picked Agent Orange as my topic - it isnt in the stations archives yet but I will post here when we do another show- one hour on the AO doesnt come close to it all-