VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Meds By Mail Sucks

Rate this topic

I was quite happy with my "meds by mail" until this week.

First of all I received A SECOND BOTTLE of a medication with a Different dosage stated on the label, so I had to call pharmacy and ask about that...

turns out I should have been mailed the higher dosage originally, which means I could have had better sleep for the last week instead of tossing and turning and all that BS.

Secondly, I HADDDDDDDDDDDD ordered (last week) a med I was almost out of, and because it didn't show up by Thursday (no more pills by Thurs.), I had to STRESSFULLY make the 1.5 hour drive to the main VA Hosp. and go in that place with those small hallways.... and walk that huge parking lot... sucked.

But they were quick once I got into pharmacy, but the VA Hosp. expereince just freaks me out, so needless to say my nerves were completely shot by the time I started walking BACK to my parked car.

Then I sat in the car for another hour trying to calm my nerves enough to drive home DURING RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC.

My suggestion is.... order your re-fill of your medication about a week and a half AFTER you get your pills each month, that way you don't run the risk of having to DRIVE TO the pharmacy, wasting time, gasoline, and making more gray hairs in the process.... and it gives the pharmacy time to fix their mess-ups too.

We know they are overcrowded... and under staffed... and we're all underpaid....

So.... take a deep breath, and then my suggestion would be to scream at the top of your lungs just to help get the frustration out....

Same 'ole game of hurry up and wait.... *sigh*

Better luck next time, and hopefully from now on everyone gets their CORRECT meds and dosages and they get them on time.... I for one appreciate NOT having to drive somewhere to pick up my meds....much better for me.

~Robin

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Robin:

I am sorry that this happened to you but face facts. No matter how you try to adjust to help VA by mail the sheer volume and logistics of supplying 6 million Veterans with meds every month is overwhelming the VA. They also have to deal with their own bureaucracy and foul ups plus their cheap ways. I find it atrocious that many Veterans have to split pills to save the VA money.

I was quite happy with my "meds by mail" until this week.

First of all I received A SECOND BOTTLE of a medication with a Different dosage stated on the label, so I had to call pharmacy and ask about that...

turns out I should have been mailed the higher dosage originally, which means I could have had better sleep for the last week instead of tossing and turning and all that BS.

Secondly, I HADDDDDDDDDDDD ordered (last week) a med I was almost out of, and because it didn't show up by Thursday (no more pills by Thurs.), I had to STRESSFULLY make the 1.5 hour drive to the main VA Hosp. and go in that place with those small hallways.... and walk that huge parking lot... sucked.

But they were quick once I got into pharmacy, but the VA Hosp. expereince just freaks me out, so needless to say my nerves were completely shot by the time I started walking BACK to my parked car.

Then I sat in the car for another hour trying to calm my nerves enough to drive home DURING RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC.

My suggestion is.... order your re-fill of your medication about a week and a half AFTER you get your pills each month, that way you don't run the risk of having to DRIVE TO the pharmacy, wasting time, gasoline, and making more gray hairs in the process.... and it gives the pharmacy time to fix their mess-ups too.

We know they are overcrowded... and under staffed... and we're all underpaid....

So.... take a deep breath, and then my suggestion would be to scream at the top of your lungs just to help get the frustration out....

Same 'ole game of hurry up and wait.... *sigh*

Better luck next time, and hopefully from now on everyone gets their CORRECT meds and dosages and they get them on time.... I for one appreciate NOT having to drive somewhere to pick up my meds....much better for me.

~Robin

My system is a little like what you suggested except as soon as I open up a bottle of meds to use it, I call in the refill. That way it is put into the VA computer and there is less of a chance of running out

Pete....

Oh yeah!!! I have that lovely blue pill cutter too. :angry: I was in line behind a lady today who had the pill cutting discussion with a pharmacist.... it wasn't a pretty look she was giving him... and it's not even his fault... but we all have gotten mad at the messenger from time to time.

The VA should issue punching bags for Veterans....

**tosses two pennies**

~R. :D

My system is a little like what you suggested except as soon as I open up a bottle of meds to use it, I call in the refill. That way it is put into the VA computer and there is less of a chance of running out

Husker Fan... yeah, I kinda like your system better. Might as well try that! Thanks!

~R. B)