VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi Hearing : Need Advice

Rate this question

MarineDog

Question

Hey I need some advice please. The Social Security judge just turned me down based on a letter my attorney had prepared for him. Now I have a hearing set for mid next month and I am not real sure what to prepare for. If you could please help me, Thanks!

For my VA claims research I used Hadit heavily. One of the pieces of advice I received numerous times was for the C&P’s. I was told, and believe, that you should show the VA in a C&P exam the way you are on your worst day. We all have good and bad days, but don’t dress up in your Sunday best or shave for a couple of days and tell the truth. I followed that advice I have very favorable results in my case.

Is Social Security’s hearing the same way? The judge will be on a TV and my lawyer will be with me. My attorney is Binder and Binder. If you need anymore information just let me know.

What have your experiences been like? Please help me I am freaking out.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I found to win mine i needed and got 2 IMO the VA stuff helped but SSD and VA march to different dummers.. The SSD guy who i never meet tried to tell the judge i should not get SSD because i proved i could work by my own actions... 1st i used the internet to look up my meds and their side effects all by myself , and i took a plane trip again by myself to visit my kids.. so i could find work , simple work but still work... on my side i had my PT status and 2 cp from VA and 2 IMO also both stating i could not do any real work for longer then 4 hours a day and i won only because to win you need to show you can not work full time ... i think the deck is way stacked against winning the SS people suggested i get a job as a greeter at some dept store so i can get fresh air etc.. gee do they pay greeters that well so they can support a family?

• HadIt.com Elder

Marine:

Since you have a Lawyer let them do their job and try to relax. Since you are 100% VA you will get it most likely. I think that the advice from Hadit is to answer the questions keeping in mind how you feel normally at home instead of at the moment. It can be a big difference since most of us here really don't want to talk about these questions with strangers and are pretty much used to saying we feel fine when we really don't.

So hang in there and keep in mind that your Lawyer would not be working for you unless they believe in your claim being a winner.

Good Luck