VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Strange Phone Message About C&p Exam

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

I put in for an increase in April and got the usual letter 60 days later about they are working my claim. Today I get a phone message about a appointment for exam on July 2nd. I have had two heart surgery in the past two years and while I have no problem taking an exam I really do not fell confortable doing a treadmill exam with them! Last time I had to almost show the tech which side of the stethesscope to use. can I just take my paper work and the treatment records from my cardio dr and give that to them?

I am also going to ask for an increase in my hypertension which is finally controled by medication and N&P increase due to burning pain at night. Sometimes I can hardly sleep even after I have taken my sleep medication. don't know if this s--t is really worth the bother anymore.

Stillhere

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

OK update on the 2 appts that QTC wants me to do C&P head to toe exam plus blood work and xrays. No problem, but they had me scheduled for a stress test and I called and told them my cardio dr did not want me doing one until after 6 months from the date of my last stent implant. They said no problem just to make sure and bring all my paper work with me. Whew! I really do not feel comfortable as I mentioned before doing stress test with them and quite honestly very nervious when I do it with my cardio doc. I will post what happens afterward.

Stillhere

I would recommend that you get your physician to provide an estimated METs level before you go in to your examination. If they are able to support a METs level of three or below, then you should be able to get a 100 percent evaluation for your heart. The best you could hope to get solely based on your LVEF is 60 percent.

Just a suggestion.

Edited by theotherguy

Finally got the paper work from QTC for the C&P on the 2nd and they had me scheduled for one of their standar stress tests I called and left message to cancel it. Just got a call back and they asked why and I explained that I had just had another stent placed end of March and my cardio dr. did not want me taking another test until Sept. They said fine and would cancel it but they did ask if I would show up for the rest of the exam and I said sure. I plan on sending in all my paper work from my cardio dr. including his last stress test before the stent placement and my treatment records. Do you guys think I did the right thing or will this slow down the process? it looks like things are going so slow anyhow I can just do this exam and then after I have the stress test in Sept. send in those results either way comp goes back to April correct?

Thanks all, Stillhere

• HadIt.com Elder

LVEF is Left Ventricle Ejection Factor it is the system they use to rate how well your heart is pumping blood thru it

I don't know the LVEF rating system except for SSD anything 30% or less is automatic approval for SSD mine is 25% and they can not do any further surgery this was discovered in Oct 2002 so I think I have been doing good, still breathing...and still appealing the VARO denieals for cardiovascular problems claimed in Dec 2002

StillHere

They did the same with me had stents put in Jan 2007 36 days later had letter from QTC saying that I had a stress test scheduled, told them that I just had stents placed then they gave me a bunch of bull stating if I did not show VA would be notified and that I would lose the 10% rating I had for my last MI in 2003. So I went could only get up to 1 Mets, Blood pressure was going nuts and was way out of breath, fatigued, and about ran off the back of the treadmill...lol

Waiting to see how they are going to rate it because my LF was 48% before the stent placement by a cardolite scan. Plus 2 ekg's after the stent placement show right aorta enlargement.

Good luck on your exam and take care.

Boats

Stillhere

Here is how they rate from the CFR 38 for most Heart Conditions

7006 Myocardial infarction:

During and for three months following myocardial infarction, documented by laboratory tests 100

Thereafter:

With history of documented myocardial infarction, resulting in:

Chronic congestive heart failure, or; workload of 3 METs or less results in dyspnea, fatigue, angina, dizziness, or syncope, or; left ventricular dysfunction with an ejection fraction of less than 30 percent 100

More than one episode of acute congestive heart failure in the past year, or; workload of greater than 3 METs but not greater than 5 METs results in dyspnea, fatigue, angina, dizziness, or syncope, or; left ventricular dysfunction with an ejection fraction of 30 to 50 percent 60

Workload of greater than 5 METs but not greater than 7 METs results in dyspnea, fatigue, angina, dizziness, or syncope, or; evidence of cardiac hypertrophy or dilatation on electrocardiogram, echocardiogram, or X-ray 30

Workload of greater than 7 METs but not greater than 10 METs results in dyspnea, fatigue, angina, dizziness, or syncope, or; continuous medication required 10