VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cpap Machine

Rate this topic

Guest jstacy

Guest VetWife Advocate
Pete, if you are service connected, why should you have a co-pay and if you got it outside the VA then you should get it from VA and not have to pay anything. I have been using a c-pap for several years and I had a hard time getting use to it. I didn't want a full face mask as I didn't like something covering my nose and mouth as it felt like I was going to suffocate. Guess what! I ended up with a full face mask and I am use to it now..I awaken at nights and have to adjust it and it makes my nose sore. I really don't know how much it is helping me as I am very sleepy the next day and I feel compelled to take a nap in the afternoon and sometimes two....So just hang in there and don't give up...It is something like learning to walk eventually you will get the hang of it.

Have a good day!

Railroader

Railroader and John, et al,

Getting the Right Pressure is tricky BUT really important. They blew me away on a 8 backed down to 5 too low.

If having a difficult time getting used to the straight CPAP, ask for a BIPAP and there is one that has a low/high, but that has to be set correctly. Joe has one now, but it is not set correctly. He is snoring with a full face mask and it is NOT leaking!!I went to a CPAP site and learned of this. It should be like *?-15? You have to really your own advocate. It is dangerous if is too HIGH, it will damage the lungs!!! Google and read about it!! He also is on 02 at night, Central Sleep Apnea. check your sat rates, IMPORTANT also. If you are still really tired during the day, it might need to be incureased.

Periodically you might have to be upped if you do not have that dual setting. 12 SOUNDS OVER THE TOP!!! Read about the side affects!!!!

Brenda

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic