VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New And Material Evidence

Rate this question

Steppenwolf

Question

This "new and material evidence" thing has been a thorn in my side and my case since the begining. For years this rule has invalidated almost every piece of evidence that i have submited.

If my rep couldn't help me through this horrible rule then why did it take a federal judge to see that my whole case was mishandled and remanded back to ?. i don't even know who it was remanded back to. My current DAV rep keeps telling me to "do nothing". i think this is also horrible advice and up until now i have had no "advocates" to tell me if his advise is as bad as all of the rest of the advice i've gotten from reps over the years.

i wanted to get an IMO from doctor BASH and my rep told me: "Your case is strong enough as is why pay this guy $3000.00 for something that may not help your case"

i have been given some of the most horrible advice over the years and i got the feeling that the fed judge that i appeared before June of 06 saw that but instead of ruling for a % of disability she just sent it back to the idiots who screwed up in the first place.

Now i've been told that i'm stuck with the DAV and can not change service officers.

What's true?

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The VA does not have the right to assume that doctors are being fraudulant. If anything, the VA doctors should be given no weight considering they have a vested interest in the VA and NOT the veteran. Whomever said that needs to be dragged out into the street and...um... talked to??

sorry for delay in answer Josephine- I miss a lot here due to limited time-

The VA cannot reject any IMO whatsoever that comes from a bonafide real doctor and that conforms completely to the VA IMO criteria.

The VA never has posted this criteria any where ,I developed it under "Getting an Independent Medical Opinion" available under the search because I studied very carefully the criteria that Dr. Bash and other IMO doctors used- in BVA cases as well as within my own IMOs from Dr. Bash-

Jay I dont know where that other stuff started but I agree with you-

VA doctors are in conflict of interest when they opine on a VA claim-

I cant wait to see how lawyers will view that assault to our basic VA rights.

I used before this premise-

say I but a propane woodstove-uses propane and not wood-

say the propane man installs it wrong-

It causes fire damage to my living room.

I call my HO insurance company- the adjuster they send out works for the Propane people!

Sameo sameo when a VA paid doctor opines on a claim that could ultimately cost the VA money.

Edited by Berta