VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam When Permanent And Total?!?!?!?

Rate this question

brandon-n-lisa

Question

I am currently rated 60% TDIU permanent and total. I received this rating in April 2006. I got a letter today for two C&P exams, one for each of my major disabilities.

Is this normal?

Should I be worried that they are going to take my rating away?

I thought that when you were permanent and total, that you didn't have anymore C&P exams.

I am really worried about this.

Thanks for your help.

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks to all of you for making me feel a million times better. Man, the VA really knows how to treat a guy that has problems with depression and anxiety! They sure did a number on me today. I have been worried sick that something was wrong or they were gonna take everything away from me, but I guess it is fairly "routine." I will just calll them tomorrow and see what is going on. Maybe they didn't get the employment questionairre, and they will drop the exams once I clear it up.

Again, thanks everyone!

Brandon

I called the VA today, and spoke with someone about my C&P exams. Basically all she could tell me was that the rating department had asked for the exams and she couldn't tell me why. When I asked if I could speak to someone in the rating office, she sqaid they don't take phone calls. She said I just have to go to the appointments.

just make sure you make all your appointments. You don't want to give VA any reason to mess with your rating. Regardless if it is right or not, they mess things up all the time.

Does anyone know if there is a way to speak with someone at the regional office other than a regular counseler? Can I ask to speak with a ratings officer, or should there be a specific person that handles my claim?

I have called the VA a couple of times this past week and am never allowed to speak with anyone other than a "counceler" that can only give me very limited answers to my questions.

Brandon,

I dont think you can talk to a rater. Just make sure you go to the appt. dont give the va a reason to mess with you, not that they already are. Also you might want to contact your state rep or senator or better both and explain your situation. Sometimes they can get answers that you cant.After reading your posts I dont think you anything to worry about. I believe your age might play a role I to am i.u. for ptsd and am only 34. And I know someday they will review my rating even know I am p&t. My best advice is to keep up on you doc appt. see your doctor at least 3 times ayear for your disibilitys and keep copys of all of them. I have stressed many times on this board that just becuase you are p&t the va is not going to leave you alone. Never trust the va to do the right thing. I am sorry for your added stress the va has given you. Look at it as a wake up call and be ready to fight for what you have earned.

I'm kind of confused. I am new here too, but how can 60% be permanent and total? Is it because of TDIU, and don't TDIU have to verify employment?

I'm 100% P&T, this kinda has me worried.