VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam When Permanent And Total?!?!?!?

Rate this question

brandon-n-lisa

Question

I am currently rated 60% TDIU permanent and total. I received this rating in April 2006. I got a letter today for two C&P exams, one for each of my major disabilities.

Is this normal?

Should I be worried that they are going to take my rating away?

I thought that when you were permanent and total, that you didn't have anymore C&P exams.

I am really worried about this.

Thanks for your help.

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Rick,

60% most likely is TDIU, and they are by the definition not supposed to be able to work if receiving it.... but I dont know of any income reports except the yearly letter. I would guess they do some social security matching etc., but just dont know. In any case as you are 100% T&P... (and not TDIU I presume its a dead issue)

TDIU can and is often given a "next scheduled exam" date where it is reevaluated. I see this more and more lately particularly when associated with PTSD or other mental disorders. Again since you are T&P it shouldn't affect you in any way unless some major changes come about.

Sometimes veterans get confused and think they are T&P but in fact are not. Its simple to verify, just call your primary care provider... no dont call the 1-800 number you will get 6 answers from 6 people... just call your PCP and ask... they should tell you if there is a scheduled follow up date in the far future. IVIS also would give a good response... most of the time.

whoah!!!!! hold the press. I have got to explain the process for the congressional inquiries. Your file may be for example the next one on the desk to be rated. IF or WHEN YOU do that.....your file gets pulled from wherever it is and it goes to the Freedom of Information Desk, where someone reviews the timeline of how your file is progressing and what is going on. They type out a letter and send it off. It either then goes to a raters desk again, and sits there for even longer.

Secondly, the CFR 38 indicates that age can not be a determining factor for reason to deny or grant a claim, if they did that they would be up a creek without a paddle. That is called age discrimination.

thirdly, you can have one disability and be considered permanent and total. You for example can be rated totally disabled and permanent for a loss of a limb or eye sight or something along that. You also can be totally disabled without the permanent decision.

Congressional inquiries, should be in my own personal opinion as a last resort. I honestly believe those that do this process, sometimes get a "caution tag" (not that there is a tag like that but I'm sure there is a hey this file needs to be taken slower and careful)...

whoah!!!!! hold the press. I have got to explain the process for the congressional inquiries. Your file may be for example the next one on the desk to be rated. IF or WHEN YOU do that.....your file gets pulled from wherever it is and it goes to the Freedom of Information Desk, where someone reviews the timeline of how your file is progressing and what is going on. They type out a letter and send it off. It either then goes to a raters desk again, and sits there for even longer.

Secondly, the CFR 38 indicates that age can not be a determining factor for reason to deny or grant a claim, if they did that they would be up a creek without a paddle. That is called age discrimination.

thirdly, you can have one disability and be considered permanent and total. You for example can be rated totally disabled and permanent for a loss of a limb or eye sight or something along that. You also can be totally disabled without the permanent decision.

Congressional inquiries, should be in my own personal opinion as a last resort. I honestly believe those that do this process, sometimes get a "caution tag" (not that there is a tag like that but I'm sure there is a hey this file needs to be taken slower and careful)...

But if he is already rated at 100% who cares he is still going to collect his 100% and at the same time the va is going to have to explain why they are calling him back for another exam win he is p&t.

Rick,

60% most likely is TDIU, and they are by the definition not supposed to be able to work if receiving it.... but I dont know of any income reports except the yearly letter. I would guess they do some social security matching etc., but just dont know. In any case as you are 100% T&P... (and not TDIU I presume its a dead issue)

TDIU can and is often given a "next scheduled exam" date where it is reevaluated. I see this more and more lately particularly when associated with PTSD or other mental disorders. Again since you are T&P it shouldn't affect you in any way unless some major changes come about.

Sometimes veterans get confused and think they are T&P but in fact are not. Its simple to verify, just call your primary care provider... no dont call the 1-800 number you will get 6 answers from 6 people... just call your PCP and ask... they should tell you if there is a scheduled follow up date in the far future. IVIS also would give a good response... most of the time.

Also if you got the champva benifits and chapter 35 with your award letter then it is P&T.

I wish it was true about the age factor but lets face it I feel the younger the vet who is collecting benifits the more chance for a re-exam becuase of the more time that vet is going to collect the benifits. Me being 34 I stand a much greater chance of re-exam then lets say a 55 yearold vet. Of course the va will never mention age as the factor there not that stupid. I just have more time on the payroll so I stand a greater chance of a re-exam.

I do agree with the congressional inquiries as a last resort for those that have pending claims and appeals. But in this case this vet is already 100% so what does he have loose. The va is not going to stop payment just becuase he calls is state rep. He wants info and you know the va is not going to give him the answers. But maybe a congressional inquirie will give the answers of why they called him in for a exam win he is p&T. I know win I recieve my notice of a re-exam for my I.U. the first thing I will do is call my senator and find out why and what kind of evidence triggerd the exam. Do you really think I can call the va and there going to give that info. I will use every weapon in the arsenal to fight those assholes.