VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam When Permanent And Total?!?!?!?

Rate this question

brandon-n-lisa

Question

I am currently rated 60% TDIU permanent and total. I received this rating in April 2006. I got a letter today for two C&P exams, one for each of my major disabilities.

Is this normal?

Should I be worried that they are going to take my rating away?

I thought that when you were permanent and total, that you didn't have anymore C&P exams.

I am really worried about this.

Thanks for your help.

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with the idea of continuing care for your disabilities at the VA. Believe it or not when you get to know some doctors they can do you a lot of good. My primary care doctor helped get me service connected for two conditions by writing medical opinions for me. I get most of my medications from the VA if possible. Never let them believe that you are getting better or that you don't need care anymore. Never mention the word "work" either. They do look at your VA records when they make rating decisions.

I agree with John999, you should continue to get care from the VA. Think of it like this, although it might be painful, the visits will help you maintain your investment (your compensation). Surely that is worth a little trouble and hopefully very little anxiety. While it may be easy to say that the VA is out to find a way to reduce your disability, screw you, or (insert term), the fact that the veteran has not continued treatment makes it difficult for the VA to know if he has gotten better or not. Let's face it, they have very little data to work with, and they have a responsiblity not only to the veteran, but the taxpayers as well.

• HadIt.com Elder

Husker

That is well said! That is a good way to think about it. We need to think a little from the VA viewpoint. I don't agree with most they do, but we at least need to understand where they are coming from.