VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Got Charged For My Meds...

Rate this topic

Well I am new to this thing we call the VA. Any way, I have started to get meds by mail and low and behold I got a bill for some of them.

When the various doctors gwrote the prescriptiond for them, I asked if I had to pay and they said no, since I was a Priority 2 vet 30%.

Well I think what I should of been told is that I will have to pay for all meds that are not SC. I was not told that. I am not real upset about it, sice they are cheaper than private insurance, but I should have been told the accurate info so I could budget for them.

Anyway, I am pending an award letter increase to 80% with a back date of several years. So I call the 1-866 # on the Va invoice and they said that I need to pay and that when I get my award letter to give them a copy for a refund.

Sounds like a lot of crap and also seem like it would take months before I get a refund.

Anyone else go through this? Does this sound right?

jecsb4

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are 40% or less they can make you pay copays for meds that are not prescribed for service connected problems. Your profile says you are 80% and there should be no copays.

If you are 40% or less they can make you pay copays for meds that are not prescribed for service connected problems. Your profile says you are 80% and there should be no copays.

Pete53,

I am actually 30% pending 80% per what my SO, IRIS and 1-800 told me. So I don't have the official notice yet...mabey I posted that a little premature, but after 3 years I couldn't help it!

I am supposto to get reto back 3 years....so then these meds would be SC. But it sounds like I have to pay for them and then once I get my award request a refund, which I am sure will take months!!!

PS Can you tell me how to put my branch of service on my profile. I went to my profile but it would not let me input it.

Thanks.

PS Hope you had a good Vac!

It doesn't usually take months to get your refund of past meds.When I took my award letter to the vamc my refund was sent to me within 6 weeks.It does take a llittle time to pull up all your back payments records and determine your refund but not months.Congrats on your award, live well.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have dental work done while you wait for you TDIU then you should be able to ger reimbursed for it. I read that you are waiting for 80%. Are you going for TDIU as well. I got reimbursed for dental work done while waiting for my TDIU appeal. It was a few thousands of dollars. The VA will hem and haw but you go through "unauthorized expenses" at fee base.