VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Got Charged For My Meds...

Rate this topic

I am 60% and take four meds from the VA all for SC conditions. I pay $7 per script. Does that sound right?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Jes

If you are TDIU or 100% schedular your dental is free. You can get a refund for some dental work you have done if you have it done while waiting for an IU or 100% claim to be approved. I got paid for work I had done while my IU was on appeal. They did make my dentist jump through all kinds of hoops and were very nasty about it, but the VA paid "reasonable costs" in the end. I really had to be persistent like a bulldog. The VA even threw away my paperwork on purpose one time and admitted doing it. Can you believe it that they would admit it. Throwing it away is no shock but admitting they did it???

• HadIt.com Elder
I am 60% and take four meds from the VA all for SC conditions. I pay $7 per script. Does that sound right?

You should pay no medicine copays. Ask for all meds to be reimbursed back to your award date.

• 1 month later...
Well I am new to this thing we call the VA. Any way, I have started to get meds by mail and low and behold I got a bill for some of them.

When the various doctors gwrote the prescriptiond for them, I asked if I had to pay and they said no, since I was a Priority 2 vet 30%.

Well I think what I should of been told is that I will have to pay for all meds that are not SC. I was not told that. I am not real upset about it, sice they are cheaper than private insurance, but I should have been told the accurate info so I could budget for them.

Anyway, I am pending an award letter increase to 80% with a back date of several years. So I call the 1-866 # on the Va invoice and they said that I need to pay and that when I get my award letter to give them a copy for a refund.

Sounds like a lot of crap and also seem like it would take months before I get a refund.

Anyone else go through this? Does this sound right?

jecsb4

Going throught the exact same thing also in texas! I take 9 meds + and have paid in over $2000. I'm looking forward to getting that money back!

Just wish they paid interrest!

Be sure to pay it. They tapped my va check and ss check in one wack! Sure made it rought to live that month.