VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Personality Disorder Discharge

Rate this question

spike

Question

Anyone who is getting discharges under Personality Disorder Needs to contact Russell Terry at (909) 494-6218 Grand Central Phone Number. He is in charge of the Operation Heal and also is head of the iraq war veterans organization, afghanistan war veterans.

http://iraqwarveterans.org/ webmaster@iraqwarveterans

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Spike,

This is really a good thread to keep going. I watched about the first three minutes of the video. It was loading really slow. I did get a good idea of what was going on. Is this being shown on TV or is there a DVD,

T think the blame should be focused on the American Medical Association and the American Psychiatric Association as well as any branch of the military that does not expose the quack and spineless doctors who make the diagnosis of personality disorder at the time of discharge when it is not supported by the facts. These doctors should be identified and disciplined.

Having been diagnosed with a personality disorder and discharged and knowing several other veterans personally who were also treated in the same manner I found that this is a problem with individual doctors and the changing perceptions of psychiatric disabilities.

The VA is not as bad as you might think. Case in point, not only I but the other veterans I mentioned eventually found treatment and doctors in the VA system who went to bat for them and had the personality disorder diagnoses changed and were eventually given service connectable diagnoses and compensation from the VA.

• HadIt.com Elder

My DD 214 - Code 460 - Emotional Instability.

When I couldn't handle the abuse from the Navy anymore and ask Dr. C. to assist me with an early discharge, this is what I find that they gave me.

If I hadn't been taking Librium for my nerves and Cafergot for headaches, I would believe some of this B.S.

I had and have the copies of a " Reguest for Transfer" from this duty station, but I couldn't hang on for it to come through. I would have had to wait until July to go to Hampton.

Instead I was dishcarged in May 1964 with an Honorable Discharge by mean of " Unsuitability".

I believe that before the service labels anyone with a Personality Disorder or even a C&P, they should have to administer one of these test.

MBTI (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator) or MMPI (Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory) .

I don't even believe these test are that accurate, but it may be a start.

Always,

Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

I have to say that I believe the personality disorder discharge is just about the military saving money. Same goes for the VA when they try and change a mental disorder into a personality disorder by distorting the facts of a veteran's claim. The military and the VA know what they are doing and why they are doing it.

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe my first C&P, which was the TRUE ME , the VA did not like the PhD changing my diagnosis to Anxiety with Depression. His C&P may being a " More Likely than Not" probably would have service connected me.

I have been diagnosed and treated with medication for the same illness for 43 years, " Anxiety", and this being post medical records from 4 different doctors over that many years. Beginning in 1965

Librium for nerves in service and Cafergot for headaches by Dr. C. February 1964.

In my opinion, It appears that it would be a little difficult to state, " This veterans primary symptoms " appears " to be those of a " Personality Disorder" and then give her an Axis 1 of Anxiety. This would be the second C&P by those two quack Psychiatrist, by changing my military and post medical records.

With the VA anything can happen.

I continue to fight this and post on line, just in the event, that my post will be of benefit to others reading this site.

Always,

Josephine

All,

This kind of stuff shouldn't be happening. Berta, I am already in the midst of sending out letters to our senators and congress representatives, because there is a large majority of our population that are veterans. I'm urging them to put pressure on the people who have pushed this disrespectful way of saving dollars and cents from taking care of the responsibility to our vets.