VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Regarding Va Violation Of 38 Usc 1722a.

Rate this topic

Torvold

They don't charge me but they do charge my insurance for things that should be service connected. I have service connected DMII so I need to have blood work done.

I'm looking at Department of Veterans Affairs Eligibility Reform sheet, Guestions and Answers, dated 1/8/2001,at... http://www.va.gov/health/elig/faqfinancial.html

which reads "Can VA bill my insurance company for treatment of a service-connected disability? No, they cannot."

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well doggies,

Today my wife was talking to an insurance dude that is affiliated with the government insurance that she has due to my being 100 percent disabled.

He told her that she should stop buying the expensive private sector insurance, 30 percent of her check, where she works.

After all, she is covered by the government policy and I am covered by the VA.

She advised him that she keeps the private sector insurance 'because' we can't afford to buy my medications at the full price.

She also advised him that all of my medical needs fall outside of the 'VA Budget'.

He told her to contact her congressman, this is outrageous!

Which turnip truck did he fall off of?

sledge

• HadIt.com Elder

If your wife has ChampVA it will pay 75% of government price for meds if your wife's insurance does not pay. If her insurance pays they will pay 100% and she will have no cost. Better check that out though.

I spent two hours today arguing with a provider for wife that does not know the difference between ChampVA and Champus.

• 2 weeks later...

VA violation of 38 USC 1722a update

Here is an updated example of how veterans' are treated by our government, and how a veterans' due process, is again being denied. I have been working on this since March of 2002. After my withholding of medication co-payment over-charges, the VA turned over this alleged indebtedness to the Department of the Treasury. This action was taken without explanation, the denied due process.

=

In April 2005 I filed a claim against the Veterans Administration in violation of 1722a, VA prescription over-charges with the Board of Veterans' Appeals. They denied my claim, and at some point, they conveniently lost the original.

=

I then went to the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans' Claims. My claim was remanded back to the BVA. I was notified of this remand on July 16, 2007. The reason for the remand, the USCAVC would work with a rebuilt claim.

=

Seven (7) months later, on Feb. 11, 2008, I called the BVA inquiring about my claim. I was told it was "coming back from the Court, but hasn't reached us yet." On 4/10/2008, I called again asking for it's status. "Still at the Court of Veterans Appeals." For this advisement, 4/30/2008 I called the Board of Veteran Affairs again. My claim has still not been returned to the court. It's been now over nine (9) months! Because it has not been returned, the courts either, have lost my claim a second time, or are intentionally delaying, stalling, and awaiting my death.

=

Are they not in the same town? Is my claim such a hot item that the VA does not want to adjudicate it? Apparently so. I know they want me to die! Then my claim dies. This is how the VA works. How our courts work. And how veterans' are continually being treated. There is no due process. Think this is bad? You haven't seen nothing yet. Wait till our men and women return from Iraq and Afghanistan.