VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100 P&t And Ssdi For Same Conditions

Rate this question

coconutvee

Question

• Answers 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

P and T means permanent and total. That should do it with SSD. If not at the first step , at least the ALJ step.

Guest Dataman

I don't think P&T means much to the SSA Disability folks. They look at if you can "Hold any job".

Factors:

Education

Disabilities (how much can you lift, walk, run etc)

I got P&T when I got TDIU and it did not help any at all. Even being turned down for retraining did not help. Still took 23 months and the ALJ Process. Judge was wondering why I was in his courtroom. Why it could not be awarded sooner.

The SSA Process goes by the rules they have. Period. I was 42 years old. That said (the Grid, see www.severe.net) not disabled.

Slow and Rigid system. But it works at least. VA Process took 6 weeks from start to finish when I lost my job. No exam, just put in paperwork, workplace did paperwork. Faxed and Fedex it in.

Everyone has a different story. Some the SSA Route goes fast and clean, others the VA.

• HadIt.com Elder

a lot of how easy or hard it is depends on your medical condition also, my VA 100% is for PTSD, my SSD is for heart disease failed triple bypass and a heart ejection fration of 25% and only one artery feeding blood to my heart VA took three years to get and SSD took 4 months or was it 5 filed in Oct 2002 and approved in April effective Dec 2002 as the 5 month waiting period started when I quit working in June 2002 there have been attempts to stream line the 2 agencies to accept each others designations doubt if it has been done though despite everyone claiming it needs to be done

its a shame they sell you this must take insurance with the bull that its for your own good .when you apply for this INSURANCE YOU PAID FOR they act and moan and groan like your nothing but a lazy scammer trying to take food from some starving childrens mouth.. They seem to forget 1 they MADE YOU TAKE IT AND PAY FOR IT . 2. Its not a grant or a benefit its an insurance policy . Just more goverment double talk .. Forked toung , .... Funny they have billions and billions for weapons but so sorry nothing for you ...

I have a question for all of you. The VA has a file on me for all my conditions bigger than a two phone books. Other than my award letter should I get a copy of this file to the Social Security when I submit for SSDI? Will the VA give me a copy of my enire medical records? Thanks for all the help.

• HadIt.com Elder

they wouldn't let me get mine from the VA the SSA did it I think they are afraid we will add forged documents or something, but my claim was approved in 4 months so the records is not a hold up you just have to tell the SSA who has your records which VA hospital...good luck