Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Dro Reqested Social Security Records ?

Rate this question

les

Question

As I said before in another listing the DRO denided all three of my appeals on June 14 2007. I sent in a dissagrement on all three. I called the Va. in Phila. And they told me they were reveiwing my dissagrement and they have have sent the social security disability office for my ssdi records. I have been on ssdi for 4 years. I cannot figure out why they would need these records? Anyone have any idea for these records please respond. They also said it it could be 60 day before the Va. receives these records. Thanks LES I also sent in form 9 just to cover my but.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

just normal process.

They trade records back and forth all the time, like he said just normal

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND THE VA WILL MEET THEM !!!

WEBMASTER BETRAYEDVETERAN.COM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.

I know the agencies trade information on benefits and payments - and maybe eligibility. But can they actually release other information from your file without your express consent?

Free

They trade records back and forth all the time, like he said just normal
Think Outside the Box!

The claimant has to sign a ROI from SSA to VA.

I'm surprised VA hasn't gotten your SSA papers before since you've been on it 4 years.

The VA requested my SSA records 3 separate times.

Good luck,

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

I was wondering. When I filed for DIC - I did not file for SSA at the same time through the joint application. I stated I would be filing for it independently.

When my son applied - actually re-applied_ for survivor benefits with SSA - the application stated that it was a joint application for benefits through Social Security and the VA.

Social Security has his records so twisted around that I had him put in a correction to the application and direct that he did NOT want to pursue a joint claim with the VA - as his Social Security record had too many inaccuracies that could prejudice a VA claim - and that we would file for VA benefits once Social Security corrects their errors.

Free

The claimant has to sign a ROI from SSA to VA.

I'm surprised VA hasn't gotten your SSA papers before since you've been on it 4 years.

The VA requested my SSA records 3 separate times.

Good luck,

carlie

Think Outside the Box!

Responce to Carlie, I to am surprised the dro didn't request my ssd records before denieing my 3 appeals. I was told the dro has the duty to assist the veteran and order these records. After my nod on the dro decision they have requested my ssd records on 8/2/07. Hopefully now they will look at the C&P's they ordered and rate me accordingly. The dro's decision was a absolute cut and paste of the original claims in 2004. The c&p I had in May 07 stated my limited arm motion is at least as likely as not related to my fractured clavicle from an exercise while on active duty in 1973. I have a torn superinatius that attaches from my past fractured collarbone to my humeral head of my left shoulder. As stated in my c&p I could not raise shoulder above 90%. I allso have a surgery appt. At Phila. Va hospital Sept. 14 2007. Any thoughts of getting rated on this will be appreceated. Or perhaps the dro is covering there butt's and ordered the ssd records before sending there denial to the bva!

Oneshot is correct-

"I have been on ssdi for 4 years. I cannot figure out why they would need these records?"

SSDI records can sure help a claim.

My husband received SSA for an 1151 stroke-

This is critical to my CUE claims.and was critical to my Sec 1151 DIC award and FTCA claim.

We filed a reconsideration request however, because SSA is supposed to consider ALL disabilities and they didnt -

in a few months Rod got 17,000 more SSA retro and an award for PTSD that predated the stroke(CVA)by a year.

That award too was critical into his posthumous award of 100% PTSD SC.

SSA records usually contain an independent medical opinion from SSA that can be far different from the usually opinions of VA doctors.

Also there agencies match money they send-

for example SSI can be offset by VA comp-

SSA cannot.

It is a shame that the VA was not aware sooner of your SSA and did not attempt to get these records sooner-

they can be very helpful in assessing a SC disability rating and help support TDIU award if the SSA is for claimed SC conditions.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.