VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Where Is The Best Place To Live For A Disabled Veteran In The Us

Rate this question

Done wit this

Question

Wondering what everyones thought on this topic is, I am looking at options for next year, We would like to know who or should I say what states give the best brakes for Disabled Veterans? It would have to be country living.

Macool

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

check out West Columbia and Pelion or Red Bluff the last 2 are more country I live in Springdale/West Columbia there is Ft Jackson and Shaw AFB within driving range I will be honest though Dorn VA sux I use the VA Hospital in Augusta Ga it's only about an hour away and they treat vets decent there I wouldn't take a family pet to Dorn

I currently live in southern California, but was born and bred in South Carolina. The cost of living here in CA is INSANE so I'm looking at moving back to SC. I miss the southern hospitality and the fishing the most.

I have a question though. Since my claim is in the works here, would it be better to wait until everything gets resolved here in CA, or would I be able to pick up in SC where I left off at here in CA in regards to appointments and Social Security? I don't want a move to interrupt and/or prolong the process.

Kappa

• HadIt.com Elder
I currently live in southern California, but was born and bred in South Carolina. The cost of living here in CA is INSANE so I'm looking at moving back to SC. I miss the southern hospitality and the fishing the most.

I have a question though. Since my claim is in the works here, would it be better to wait until everything gets resolved here in CA, or would I be able to pick up in SC where I left off at here in CA in regards to appointments and Social Security? I don't want a move to interrupt and/or prolong the process.

Kappa

it depends how long ago you filed, if it has been close to a year I would wait if you just filed to hell with it if you can afford it move now I ended up fighting with the VA for 5 years SSD was approved in 4 months go figure by the way I grew up in Riverside and left in 1973 when I joined the Army my parents are buried in Riverside one at Riverside National and the other on Arlington Ave...near Norco we moved to West Columbia so my new wife could be near her grand kids and I like it here widh I had a boat so I could go to the lake but hell we all have wants lol Lake Murray is quiet during the week week ends are crazy though if you come this way give a shout I am home most of the time hell all of the time

Edited by Testvet

Kappa

You could be fighting the system for years.don,t hold up on anything waiting for the VA you could end up wasting half your life. Move to where your going to happy .

macool

Rick- of course I think-since we are both in the same locale- that we live in the most beautiful state in the nation-

then again-I am rural-dont know how rural you are- and there are plenty of vets here in the hills- away from the rigamorale-

Cohocton only has one blinking light and the only other traffic light I get to is at the turn off to the Bath VA-

If I go to Hornell city -I get culture shock- they have what 3-4 lights there?

Does Hornell have the veterans tproperty tax exemption like we have in Cohocton?

We have three vets exemptions but the vet picks two-if they are eligible-

one for all vets, one for disabled bu service, and one for wartime service-whether or not disabled-

also widows get them-I get 2-based on Rods servive and VA comp-

Another thing- the windmills people have just gotten permission to put up the windmills and the transmission lines-I leased a small swath of an old alfalha field for the transmission poles-high up on my land-

yesterday the town board sent out info that the windmill company is putting 1 half million into the town coffers -our taxes will apparently be reduced and the entire effort is quaranteed to attract more business revenue to the village-and to create jobs-

Is it possible that -since Hornell is part of the overall transmissions line plan I think-(although I dont know what part- just the high altitude areas)that there is talk in Hornell as to how it could benefit you and everyone else there?

I feel bad that a New Yorker is considering moving from NY-

but I do understand we have to go where we can be happy-

and there is the factor of SNOW!

I had to dig through a six foot high drift once to get to my livestock in the barn-and once I could not even see my car because it was completely covered with snow-

then again -it is the snow that helps the farmers in the springtime and it replenishes our wells and water tables-so we boonie people sure depend on it.