VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Congressional Inquiries

Rate this question

free_spirit_etc

Question

Has anyone file a congressional inquiry with Social Security? Do they feel semi-compelled to get their act together upon such an inquiry - or do they just try to justify your poor treatment?

I was thinking of filing one. Well - actually, I have my latest appeal for my son about ready to go - and I was going to follow that up immediately with a discrimination complaint - and CC an attorney and Congressman to put them on notice that someone might be watching - so don't use this as an opportunity to mess with me more.

Free

Free

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

I honestly dont see how a Congresssman could help in a SSA matter.

They cant help much with VA claims matters either-

I do suggest that you consider filing a complaint with Office of General Counsel for Social Security Administration:

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:F7qVY...us&ie=UTF-8

I suggest you read the SSA laws very carefully first and make sure you are in the time frame of the SOL-

Discrimination complaints-

my husband won the first ADA discrimination complaint in NY State.

I sat on the steps of the Post Office to file it the day after the ADA became law.

Prior to that USDOL was handling discrimination complaints against federal contractors by disabled veterans.

They were absolutely useless.Rod kept filing complaints.

The minute the EEOC got it, after ADA gave them jurisdioction , the EEOC called here and told me it was a substantial complaint and they would investigate but send then anything else we had-

by then I had plenty from DOL itself .

After years at the US DOL , Rod won withint 2 months at EEOC under the ADA.

I also represented myself before a judge and charged a city police department with discrimination.I had bought a new car and they towed my old car parked in front of my house-away hours after I removed the plates-I had not had time to call someone to remove it.

I produced as evidence- 12 photos of other cars that had been abandoned in my neighborhood with no plates-that had not been towed away-in years!

some had sunk into the ground ,many had flat tires, and one had a tree growing through it-

It was a nice neighborhood and I was actually shocked to find these cars-I thought they all had plates at first but they didnt.

The police gave me my car back and I had no towing charges or any ticket.Actually they let me drive it home illegally -it had no plates on it-and the Chief ripped the ticket up-

he said if any cop stopped me on the way home- just to call him up-

Anyone who feels discriminated against should take the steps to rectify it.

And if this involves your disabled son- I sure feel that you should do something about it.

I had all of the discrimination laws when we filed the USDOL and EEOC complaint-

lots of legalise---but we could determine exact laws that were broken in my husband's case and then produce overwhelming evidence of that fact.

Living in the rural hills of NY is much different than the city I lived in-

we have a junk car rule-in the boonies - you can have two cars without plates or 2 junk or abandoned cars on your land-with no problems-

anymore than that and they consider you a junk yard.

One of my neighbors had a junk car in his barn that was about 50-60 years old.

He sold it as an antique and made a nice lump of cash.

Edited by Berta