VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Process Question

Rate this question

johnc515

Question

I submiited my claim in mid March and today I called the 1-800 number for status and was told my claim went to the rating board on Aug 16th. How long does the rating process take ? will they make a rating or will they decide if I need a C&P exam for the rating?

Thanks,

John

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
I submiited my claim in mid March and today I called the 1-800 number for status and was told my claim went to the rating board on Aug 16th. How long does the rating process take ? will they make a rating or will they decide if I need a C&P exam for the rating?

Thanks,

John

John, try this: The VARO works on claims by the month received. If you have a VSR you can ask them to find out what month and year they are working on. If they say May,or June, then you know it is going to be fairly quick. If they say February, March, then you know it is going to be longer.

I use this as a tool when the month I filed gets closer and usually it works unless the claim is of a very complex nature and requires a lot of information.

I also have a claim in. I called the 800 number and they told me a decision was made and was being entered into the computer and then has to be checked by someone to be sure there were no errors before I get my notice in the mail. I asked them how long it would be and they said it shouldn't be long anyone know what that means?

Here's an update:

Called 1800 and the Baltimore office stated my cliam was transfered to the Togus office on Sep 4, due to the backlog in the Baltimore office. Also was told I should here something by the first week of November. We'll see.....