VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Chantix ?

Rate this topic

I just heard about this new drug yesterday. My sil has tried most everything else and this finally seems to be working for him.

Has anyone here on Hadit tried this med to stop smoking? Does the VA allow it?

Kim

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just heard about this new drug yesterday. My sil has tried most everything else and this finally seems to be working for him.

Has anyone here on Hadit tried this med to stop smoking? Does the VA allow it?

Kim

Hello Kim:

My neice is using this drug with good results.

I can't say about the VA.

Jessie

I can't say about the VA.

Jessie

My cardiologist told me I could get it but I have to try wellbutrin and the patch first, wellbutrin is the anti depressant I take, it never helped me want to stop, I am using the patch, the best thing is the picture I am keeping in my back pocket of my dad with a oxygen tube on his face, he is dying from smoking, maybe he;s got a week, maybe some months, maybe some years I dont know. What I do know is smoking has put him into a housebound status hooked to a oxygen machine and that aint 4 me, been a week since I had a smoke.

OH YA the chantix is a miracle drug it got him to stop smoking and nothing ever could b4

My cardiologist told me I could get it but I have to try wellbutrin and the patch first, wellbutrin is the anti depressant I take, it never helped me want to stop, I am using the patch, the best thing is the picture I am keeping in my back pocket of my dad with a oxygen tube on his face, he is dying from smoking, maybe he;s got a week, maybe some months, maybe some years I dont know. What I do know is smoking has put him into a housebound status hooked to a oxygen machine and that aint 4 me, been a week since I had a smoke.

OH YA the chantix is a miracle drug it got him to stop smoking and nothing ever could b4

:rolleyes: Betrayed:

Congrats!! Just stay with it, What ever is working for you!!

I tried welbutrin, Didn't help me quit, Just made my cigs taste really bad. I called the welbutrin my i don't give a S____ pill.

I tried that other pill they had out, Don't remember the name but i remember the 5 days in the hospital with an ice pack to my head and eye patches over my eyes to keep out any light and anytime i had to open my eyes i started vomitting volently and ear plugs so that i didn't hear any nosies that would drive the pain to even higher levels than i thought every possable. They called this a Statis Migraine brought on by that pill.

I'm waiting to see how well my neice is going to do before i want to try a pill again.

I wish you luck friend !! You have a week behind you, Just keep going!!!

Jessie