VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Knee Degenerative Issue

Rate this question

Detonator

Question

Discharged in 1995 with 10% left knee chronic pain. XRAY showed mild sclerosis with a diagnosis of mild degenerative disease. I just had another XRAY and my doctor stated the report showed mild arthritis. The range at the original rating was 0 to 135 degrees. I am considering asking for a rate increase on my left knee due to increased pain. Is there any advice members could give on getting an increase.

Detonator

Edited by Detonator

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

cowgirl,

Yes the Ortho conected every issue, and he did the surgery for my ankle.

He connected the ankle and back due to "altered gait", he did not request any info from the VA, and all the scans done were paid by me.

I was lucky to the point as he was a Navy doc early on, so he had some knowledge as to the VA, and had very little respect for the care given.

He wrote a 1 page letter, and the VA never questioned, he even included scars from the knee 13" and the ankle at the bone, in which the Va awarded 10% for each that I did not even ask for.

• HadIt.com Elder

JR, thank you for the postive and proactive feedback regards a caring IMO. I too think about the special shoes to accomodate my orthotics. H'mm, guess I get to reorder my priorities on "stuff to do" here once again. Course, if I don't who will? Again, thanks. back to the ranch and smilin' cg