VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nsc Pension/sc Disability?

Rate this question

william n

Question

fantastic website,thank you all!!! Now, I filed "nsc claim" on june 25th,07 [disabilities..chronic depression[lifelong] & since leaving the service[soc.Sec.earnings Statement] shows 4yrs. out of 32yrs. where i earned "above Poverty level", worse past 7-10 years,admitted 2x in 30 days recently, in VA psyc. ward..bilateral knees,,chronic low back pain,,broken right scapula[shoulder blade,recent car accident]...1st-"depression" now being treated by psyc. and 100mg. Zoloft..2nd-"bilateral knees" failed entrance exam, dr. wrote letter and received "medical waiver" from Washington d.c.,allowed entry.. in-service[basic training] complained of knee pain,xrays showed fracture below right knee, then placed in cast[crotch too toes],no further treatment...3rd-.. currently receiving physical therapy,pain meds, for rt. shoulder..[minimal movement]..and low back[25% or less fwrd. flex]...Whew! Now, i contacted VARO,Bay Pines,Fl. about the status of my case and was told that it was now being determined whether more evidence is needed. I have a Florida DVA rep.... can someone please give me some feedback/direction as to what too do next.. Many Thanks.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

William:

Welcome to Hadit. Most VARO's work the NSC Claims fairly quickly and if you have a good Doctors statement you should learn fairly quickly. You should touch base with you VSO and ask how long those are taking.

By the way if you do have to take a C&P be sure to tell them you want them to go ahead and rate with the evidence that they have. I am advising this based on what you have posted.

Good Luck

Thanks pete for your quick reply..I'll take all into consideration..if more evidence is needed for some reason, is it appropriate too send Soc.Sec.earnings statement??