VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Happens If You're Sc For A Disease & A Cure Is Found For It?

Rate this question

blessed1

Question

Hello All;

If you're SC for Diabetes with many Secondary Service Connected Diseases and a cure is found for Diabetes, what happens then? Will you loose your SC for Diabetes and all SC Diseases?

It has been reported that the University of Central Florida has found a cure for Diabetes and within the next four years, a pill will be available to cure Diabetes. Of all things, it is made from Lettuce and when you take the pill for four months, including insulin dependant diabetics, you will be cured of Diabetes.

Thanks for all your comments and info.

Keep the Faith!

We know for those who bear the scars of war, the battle never ends.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Guest Dataman

Heck if I can get my SC conditions cured. I will go back to work.

No Pill will do it. Surgery Nope. Time Travel and change of events. YES

I think U don't need to worry much. It takes years and years to get drugs approved and procedures. Then the VA has to use it. Then it has to be proven. Then the VA has to reeval if they want. By then U will be dead.

Of course Time Travel and fixing my problem might happen 1st.

• HadIt.com Elder

"Of all things, it is made from Lettuce and when you take the pill for four months, including insulin dependant diabetics, you will be cured of Diabetes."

There are the expected side affects of this pill:

1. You will hop a lot.

2. You may wiggle your nose for no apparrent reason.

3. Your ears could become drastically lonnnnger.

And there are side affects still to be determined, but multiple births are common...................frequently.

oh, yeah, one other thing...........you'll grow this funny little tail.

And you will have to work on Easter's ;)

Free

And the serious answer is that if your condition was "cured" and / or reduced in severity - it could be re-rated. It would STILL have to be service connected though - at 0% - right?

Free

"Of all things, it is made from Lettuce and when you take the pill for four months, including insulin dependant diabetics, you will be cured of Diabetes."

There are the expected side affects of this pill:

1. You will hop a lot.

2. You may wiggle your nose for no apparrent reason.

3. Your ears could become drastically lonnnnger.

And there are side affects still to be determined, but multiple births are common...................frequently.

oh, yeah, one other thing...........you'll grow this funny little tail.

Hello...I don't think diabetes can be cured...but it can be controlled...it is the same when a person elects to have gastic bypass surgery... In a metanalysis review published in JAMA in 2004 the report stated that there was resolution of diabetes in an average of 70% of patients after bypass, and gastric banding was also effective, though slightly less so ...this could be due to lower weight...which in most cases will help lower one's A1c which is a good thing. Regardless of one's VA benifit...if there is any proven procedure or medication that can improve one's quality of life in order to become more independent should be the bottom line...as far as S/C that won't change...as far as one's rating goes...well that could be effected depending upon the improvement and what critera you would then fall into...At this time that is a moot point...

MT