VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Berta

Rate this question

gdsnide

Question

Ok 120 days are up as the BVA received it January of 1996.Late time I checked they were working on June '95

Did I wait to long on this or can I still send it it?

Thank U

GARY

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Gary

I am not Berta,but this is my advice to you go ahead and send in evidence because Bva will have to look at it.Make sure you write your claim number at the top of first page and send it certified mail with return receipt ASAP.

mobie

Gary- are you saying the BVA never made a decision in a decade ?

I dont understand the question.

A claimant -after receipt of BVA transfer letter from the RO- has 120 days in which to send in more evidence or raise issue of VCAA violation -if claim was pending during Nov 2000-the VCAA enactment date.

Were you asked to withdraw this appeal when you received your award?

Edited by Berta

Berta,

No, I wasn't asked to with draw claim & I think I submitted it to the RO in '05. Sorry about saying '95

Yes, I have checked with the BVA & they say they are working on June '05 (Every time I call them) & say " They didn't receive it till January ( The BVA till January 2,006)

Sorry about getting the years mixed up but does what U say mean I had 120 days from when I got letter from BVA & if so should I take a chance & send in letter as suggested by other person who responded?

If U think it's a done deal just let me know & I won't bother to send in.

Also, if this is the case can I file again for SMC as I do have new evidence & if so should I send in the stuff I sent in before with the first claim.............Thank U......GARY