VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Appeal Is At Pre-determination

Rate this question

jecsb4

Question

I asked my SO the status of my reconsideration and was told it was in Pre-Determination, First stage. SO said there are three steps in this determination phase. Has anyone heard of that befor? I also submitted my reconsideration in late Aug and now it is early Sept...sounds like it is moving ahead fairly fast.

I did get a standard VA letter stating that they have my claim and they will contact me if they need any additional evidence and ofcourse the letter said they are dealing with a large backlog of claims....

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Don't know about the "three steps" within the predetermination team. Normally it is a three step process: predetermination, rating board and post determination.

Don't know about it moving along fast either. Once it is mailed it is received by the mail room. Then it is given to the predetermination team. This is a normal process and does occur fairly quickly (normally within 2 weeks). I wish you the best but it could still take months to be resolved. Do not forget the timeline for filing a NOD. If you have not heard anything on the reconsideration in about 11 months I would submitt the NOD. The 12 month time line begins with the issuance of the rating decision!